Chapter 20

Kindly vote and share your comments. My shout out goes to Guinea-Bissau and Congo. ❤

Word count: 2352

*

I woke up to the sound of western music playing softly and slowly fluttered my eyes open with a smile, heaving a delightful sigh as the smell of my room coated over my nostrils.

All of a sudden, I got this strange feeling that made a frown pull on my face and I looked around.

What was I doing in bed at this time of the day? It should probably be evening by now because the sun wasn't penetrating through the blinds and it didn't feel so bright outside too.

I tensed as I saw the group of men all standing right before me, not like they were hard to notice, considering how they were hovering over my bed. Five men standing at the footboard, leaving five inches spaces between each other.

They were all staring at the wall like statues, tense and all muscly in a freaky way.

My smile slipped as dread slowly engulfed me and I looked around once more to confirm I was in my room. Snippets of what I could remember before suddenly waking up in my bed slowly gathered into one and I gasped, realizing the situation I was in.

I sat up quickly and covered myself with my duvet, dragging it to my chest as dread washed over me.

Eros. We were together at the mall before I'd left him to test out some gowns.

Then I was taken. I took a large gulp as the realization of my state dawned on me.

I had been kidnapped.

My stomach clenched in panic as I looked intensely at each man, tall men in black suits with blank faces. They were all holding guns with their hands crossed over their crotch and had tattoo logos on their right hands with a similar inscription on their thumbs which was quite visible as they held onto their guns. They were all in sunshades too.

"Who are you?" I questioned fiercely and looked from one man to the other, struggling to stay calm.

My question went unanswered. They didn't even look away from the wall. I got more panicky and looked around me. I was still in the clothing from earlier.

"What do you want? Why did you bring me here..." I trailed off in slight confusion and fear. They'd brought me to my own house and room. That was really weird.

My eyes widened.

Maddie should be home tonight and she would see all this. Maybe she could call for help? But what if there were more people downstairs?

How long did they want to stay for?

The whole place was quiet but it didn't last long as I jumped right out of my bed and put on my slippers, moving to the edge and maneuvering my way out of the room. The men still didn't move.

They just stood there without following me. I locked the door, in hopes that there would be no one downstairs —though I really doubted that, given the circumstance— and hurried down the stairs. Eros must know I've been kidnapped, Stephano would know that too and he would probably start looking for me immediately with Eros. My mom would be a mess right now, same with Kara.

Oh, Luca! And Nana! My friends.

Tears welled in my eyes as I got down the stairs and I furiously wiped at them. I needed to get out of here right now.

I hurriedly dashed for the main door.

"I see you've woken. Did you have a lovely rest?" The voice came from behind me, startling me a great deal. I tensed and turned around with shaky breath. What exactly should I expect?