Chapter 26

Angela's POV

*

I couldn't help glancing at Pedro every few minutes after what that man had told me about Pedro's childhood personality which was currently still inside of him.

Gnawing at my lower lip, I pondered hard over the issue. I needed to find a way to get Toby out but I had no idea how to do that. I'd never been around much with kids and I didn't even know if I would scare one or make them fall in love with me if we were put together.

Pedro was with me, but he'd been receiving calls all day and it was sickening to just watch him pace around the room, speaking language I could only understand bits from.

It seemed whether I liked it or not, I'd have to make myself more approachable and maybe even learn more things about him. Things like his personality disorder and introduction to every personality. Also, I needed to know anything and everything about Pedro Denaro himself. The dominant Pedro who had kidnapped me and held me here in this hotel room.

"So, Pedro?" I started and shifted on the chair, allowing a small smile.

He stopped pacing and turned to face me. "Yes, Angel?"

I shut my eyes tightly, fighting the part of me that got upset each time Pedro called me his Angel. It reminded me so much of Eros doing that.

"Tell me uhm, tell me some stuffs about yourself." I stated and tried to maintain the smile on my face.

Pedro squinted at me and then probably got assurance that I was being serious because he finally sighed after a good couple of seconds and came to sit beside me.

"You know my name already. I clocked thirty two on twenty second of January, I'm from to the family of four- that is, my parents, I and my sister." Be told me and tapped his left foot with his left hand propped on the knee, eyeing me as I sat on his right.

"Wh-what was your childhood like Pedro?" I blurted, unable to keep my curiosity to myself any longer. Maybe he'd tell me something about Toby. Toby was my key to getting out of here. Also, he was Toby, wasn't he?

I saw him tense and I gulped heavily. "Why did you ask?" He bit out in a rough voice.

"I-i think I should give us a chance." I lied through my teeth, smiling unblinkingly.

"Why? What changed?" He frowned. "I know you don't want to be here...not that I care much about that."

I slumped my shoulders. "Yes I didn't want to be here but I have finally come to understand you. You saw a woman you liked but sadly she was engaged to someone else and you needed to profess your love to her so you took her away from her fiance, her family and everything she owned." My tone came out harsher than intended but I was still smiling, trying not to show how hurt I was so I'd keep this facade on for much longer.

"You're right, I saw a woman I liked and others approved of her. Especially a good friend of mine who I call Tee."

He was looking at his hands. I shakily picked them and held them, noting how cold they were against my finger tips. "So, what was it like growing up? For me, stayed at home for most of my childhood and I'd always play with my brothers. Even when they grew older, I was never once neglected and as I got older, I began to understand the value of family. They're always there whenever you need them. Family is everything. My parents were building their careers and didn't have much time but they'd spend every single break with me and never for once were they absent for Christmas or new year celebration."

"We also celebrated Christmas at our place. Do you have any friends?"

"Yes. Three. You?

"I had one. Red. He was a more like brother, we hung out a lot since we were around the same age and he'd just know what to say at all times...when I was having some issues as a child." His eyes went dull as he spoke and his voice slowly grew quiet.