Chapter 11

Word count: 2375

Comment your country for a shout-out

Don't forget the votes and comments. Kindly share with your loved ones❤

Angela's POV

*

Immediately Stephano shut the door, I felt the house suddenly become impossibly smaller with Donovan's gaze on me.

He was putting on a white shirt and blue denim shorts. Shorts looked good on him, anything he wore always looked good on him.

"Angel..." He started.

I looked up at him with small eyes.

The confidence I usually had on most days was nowhere to be found right now.

"Hi." I said softly. A bit tiredly too.

He took large, confident strides and I found him beside me, crouching. "How are you?"

My throat felt too small for me to breathe easily. I nodded. "I'm fine. There really is no need to fuss over me like this."

He nodded stiffly.

"Come here." He pecked my forehead softly while his two arms gently went around me to pull me into him. The hug was soothing, and I felt a warm glow in my heart. But this wasn't right. He shouldn't peck me like this, so lovingly.

The same forehead Eros had pecked hours ago and I hadn't stopped him either...because I simply couldn't.

Eros. I suddenly remembered I was getting engaged.

I shouldn't allow another man peck me or look at me with so much care in his eyes or call me baby.

"I...I'm tired." I pulled back and avoided his penetrating stare.

"Well, you can rest here for a bit." He nodded as if he'd just said the wisest thing ever.

"No. You should leave...I need to rest upstairs, in my room." I stated firmly and withdrew totally from him.

His eyes flashed with something. An expression. Disbelief. A tinge of sadness.

Then it was gone before I could even register what exactly it was and he nodded, standing firmly on his feet.

"I'm here. If anything happens..."

"Nothing will." I shook my head frantically as the fear from earlier today returned. I had a stalker, someone was stalking me, for some weird reasons only known to them.

I had to be positive that nothing bad would happen. I just met Donovan, I couldn't give him the wrong impression about myself by showing any sign of fear.

Why in the world would they stalk me though? What on earth did they want with me?

"I should leave then." He cleared his throat.

I found myself wanting him to stay. But that was wrong on all levels.

"Yes. You should." I got up slowly. My head was still groggy but after sleeping for more than five hours today, I doubted if I still wanted to jump on my bed and have another round at it.

"You shouldn't stress yourself." He held out his hand to steady me but I recoiled instantly and almost fell back into the couch I'd just gotten up from.

That hand would be doing more than holding me if I could have myself in his hold. In his strong but tender, and caring hold.

And it was something I didn't want to see again.