Chapter 50

Chapter 50

JASON’S POV

‘This one looks good.’ Chris told me.

‘It’s almost 2000 dollars a month, are you out of your mind?’ I told him.

We had been looking at different news paper searching for an apartment.  I looked for a reasonable one and Chris was looking at the over the top ones. 

‘But it would be awesome.’ He said.

I rolled my eyes, ‘Yeah, can you afford 1000 dollars every month plus hydro and water, plus you talk about cable and internet.  Can you pay all of those?’ I asked him.

‘No but…’ he started saying. ‘You said you’d pay half.’ He added.

‘Yeah, of the necessities, cable and internet aren’t.  Plus the apartments you’re looking at are way out of our price range.’ I said to him.

‘Ok, what did you come up with then?’ He said.

‘Two bedroom, one bathroom, with obviously, kitchen, small dining room and living room.  So pretty much like we have here but with an extra bedroom, and we’d have to pay for hydro and water.’ I told him.

‘How much?’ he asked.

‘1200 dollars.’ I answered him.

‘Wow, that’s cheap.’ He said.

‘Yeah, compared to what you’ve been looking at.’ I said.

‘Ok, so we’ve got 5 that are pretty much the same thing at around the same price.  When do we call the owners to see the places?’ he asked.

‘Should probably wait until Leah gets here and call tomorrow morning after nine.’ I said.

‘Why nine?’ Chris asked.

‘Because, if it was me, I’d kick the person ass to call before nine.  It’s being respectful.’  I answered him.

He nodded.  ‘Ok, sounds good.  Can we stop now, I’m getting bored.’ He said.

I rolled my eyes, ‘Yeah.’ I answered.

I streached, we’ve been at the kitchen table for about one hour now.  I got home from work at 9pm and I was tired. 

I got up and asked Chris if he ate.  He said no so I ordered a pizza and we decided to play a game with the ball.  When the pizza got here, we ate in the living room and continued to play our game.

……………………………………………................................................  

After awhile, Chris and I got bored of our game.  So I was sitting on the floor and he was laying down on the couch.  We just talked.  He talked about Laura, and how they were doing good.  She seemed to be a good fit with him.  Sometime my little brother could get some crazy stupid ideas but instead of pushing him to go with them she made him think about it on his own.  She didn’t seem to put him down which I was happy, also I didn’t expect anything less from Leah’s best friend.

He told me how he was happy to see me with Leah. 

‘It’s like you never went away, like she brings out the best side of you.’ He told me.

He made me smile because I knew it was true.  She made everything in my life better.

‘You know if she heard us talking like this, we’d never hear the end of it right?’ I asked him.

He laughed, ‘Yeah I know, we’re like a couple of chicks talking about our boyfriends.’ He said.

I laughed because I knew it was true.  We were gossiping about our girls.