Chapter 46

Chapter 46

JASON’S POV

We were all sitting at the kitchen table, eating our breakfast.  Since no one ate diner the night before, we were pretty hungry but low on time.

Leah was eating like her life depended on it.  She was eating toast, and in four bites she was done one of them.  I couldn’t help but look at her and laugh.  Her relationship with food had never left.  The girl could eat, she had gained a little bit of weight but it was needed.  When we met, she was way to skinny and without food in the apartment, who could blame her, but now, she was perfect.

Chris was eating cereal, he was eating slowly like he wanted to remember every bite.

‘Chris, hurry the fuck up!  I don’t want to be late and when I’m ready, I won’t be waiting for you.’ Leah told him.

‘Fine.’ He said and picked up the paste.

I was eating the same thing as Leah except four toasts and I was taking my time.  Chris gave me a look saying I was eating slow like he was, but I didn’t care.  They usually left 20 minutes before I had to leave so I wasn’t worried.  One reason I liked my job, I didn’t start too early and I usually finished before they were on their way home.

Leah got up and put her plate in the sink, ‘I’ll do the dishes when I come back from Laura’s.’ she said to the both of us.

‘Babe, don’t worry I’ll do them when I get home from work.’ I told her.

‘You sure?  I don’t mind.’ She said.

‘I got it.’ I said smiling at her.

She walked towards me and gave me a kiss.  ‘Thanks’ she said.

‘No problem.’ I said to her.

‘Well, I’m going.’ She said and went go grab her bag off the floor. ‘Fine, wait, I’m coming.’ Chris said getting up.

He wasn’t finished and he put his bowl in the sink and went to grab his bag.

I got up and walked to Leah, ‘Have a good day baby, I’ll see you later tonight.’ I told her and gave her a kiss.  ‘You too, I’ll see you tonight but not sure what time ok?’ she asked.

‘Don’t worry, be safe.  I love you.’ I told her and kissed her again.

‘I love you too.’ She said back.

I let her go, and Chris was waiting at the door, ‘Oh, say hi to Laura and have fun.’ I added.

‘Thank babe, love you!’ she said while opening the front door.

‘Me too.’ I said back, I saw Chris roll his eyes and I laughed.  He closed the door and I went to lock it.  Even though I was leaving soon.

I did the dishes since there wasn’t much there.  Only our two plates and Chris bowl.  I finished getting ready and then left the apartment, locking the door behind me and when went to catch my bus to get to work.

…………………………………………………………………………    

LEAH’S POV

I was sitting next to Chris in the bus.  He kept making these little jokes so I kept hitting his arm to get him to stop.  He didn’t get the point when I was just saying to cut it out so, I went to option B. 

‘I love you, I love you too, I’ll miss you, oh me too.’ Chris kept saying in a high pitch voice.

Rolling my eyes and looking around the bus but when I notice people laughing or smiling, I looked at Chris and told him plain and simple.

‘Can I ask you a question?’ I asked him.

‘Yeah.’ He said back in his normal voice.

‘Do you want kids?’ I asked him.

‘Right now? No, later…probably.’ He said.

‘Ok, well, if you don’t stop annoying the shit out of me with your little high pitch voice and you’re little comment about your brother and I…you will never have them.’ I said, completely serious.

I heard a guy laugh in the bus, but I kept looking at Chris.  He was looking at me with big eyes, trying to see if I was kidding, which I wasn’t.

‘Fine, sorry.’ He finally said.

‘Good. So what are you going to do tonight?’ I asked him.

‘Probably play with your ball.’ He said looking at me, with his serious face on.

I closed my eyes and I tried not to laugh.  If people could hear they would think we were fucking crazy, stupid people.

Opening my eyes I looked at Chris who was also trying not to laugh.  I shook my head, ‘That one was actually kind of good.’  I said to him.

He chuckled, ‘Thanks, I thought so myself.’ He said.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

‘So yeah I’m going to do that, then when Jason get’s home, maybe asks him if he wants to do…something.  I don’t know what though.’ He said.

I smiled at him, ‘That’s nice, Chris.  I’m sure he would love that.’ I told him.

‘I’m not sure about love that, but…’ he said.

‘I know he doesn’t show it everyday, but, you mean more to him than he will ever admit.  You guys, its blood.  As much as you two can argue, he would do anything for you.’ I told him.

‘You think?’ he asked me.

‘No…’ I said shaking my head, ‘I know.’ I told him.

‘Chris you’re his brother.  Nothing will and can ever change that.  When he left your parents…he was worried about you.  He asked me everyday when I would come home from school how you were or if I saw you.  Yeah he’d get pissed if I’d say you were a dick but, he still asked.  When you came and lived with us…I could see how happy and proud he was that you came to him.  You maybe didn’t do it in the nicest way but, he was happy you went to him.  He missed you a lot during his time away.  He wanted to know you again and now…he’s happy to see you everyday, even if some days he wants to kick your ass.’ I told him.

Chris was just looking at me.  We were almost at school, only a few more stops to wait.

‘Most of that is thanks to you.  You let me stay when I didn’t know where the fuck to go.’ He said.

‘You’re my friend.  Even if we were having a bad time at that moment, it doesn’t change that we’re friend and that you’re Jason’s brother.  Friends help each other out.’ I told him.

He leaned closer to me and whispered ‘thanks Leah.’ 

I look at him and smiled.  ‘Anytime.’ I told him and he smiled back.

Reaching school we got off the bus and walked the rest of the way.  Laura met us at our usual place.

‘You excited!’ she said, almost jumping on me.

‘Yeah you freak, you?!’ I yelled back laughing.

‘Hell yeah!  I’m so happy and excited.’ She yelled back.

‘You sleeping over?’ she asked.

‘No, I’m not but I do plan on staying late.  Is that ok with you?’ I asked her.

‘That’s fine, as long as I get to have you for a few hours.  We can talk, eat, and watch movies and pretty much anything.’ She said smiling.

‘Can’t wait!’ I told her.

‘I’m going to class because I know you two want to…whatever so I’ll see you at lunch!’ I told them.  I started to walk towards the school, hoping the day was going to go by quickly and that tonight would come by sooner.

****Please Comment and Vote!  Thank You!!****