Chapter 43

Chapter 43

JASON’S POV

Work had been good today, long but good.  We had done two houses and so I was tired.  Leah’s nightmare hadn’t woken me up, I woke up without her next to me and it was before 5am.  Seeing her starting at the wall, I walked up to her and sat beside her and held her hand.

The day went by slowly but, being busy helped.  Being on the bus getting home, I knew I was going to sleep a bit when I’d get home and hit the bed.  Since Leah now knew that I’d sleep a bit before she got home, I was less worried. 

Getting off the bus and walking to our apartment felt so difficult.  I just wanted to lay down and if I could do it on the side walk I would.

Finally getting into the apartment, I closed and locked the front door and went to the bedroom.  After taking off my pants and sock, leaving me in my t-shirt and boxers I got under the covers and passed out.

……………………………………………........................................……  

I could feel someone slowly touching my hand, like fingers going over my knuckles.  Slowly waking up and finally opening my eyes, I made eye contact with Leah.  I smiled at her and she smiled back.

‘Hi’ she said.

‘Hey baby.  How long have you been here?’ I asked her.

‘Half an hour.’ She said.

‘Shit, I’m sorry.’ I said sitting up in the bed.

‘You don’t have to be sorry.’ She said then added, ‘you’re cute when you sleep, and I never had the chance to see that yet.’ She said with a smirk.

‘You wake up before me sometimes.’ I stated.

‘Yeah, I know, but I never just stayed in bed, I always get up.  I guess I never thought about it before.’ She told me.

‘Is Chris here?’ I asked, hoping she’d say no.

‘Yeah, he’s in the living room.  He bused home with me.’ She said.

I rolled my eyes, wishing he wasn’t here yet.  I wanted to be with her, and the only time we had was really when he wasn’t here or in the shower.

‘Want to take a shower?’ I asked her, being hopeful.

She laughed, got closer to me and kissed me slowly.

‘Later’ she said.

‘Later?’

She laughed again, ‘Yeah, you still want to go for a walk in the park, right?’ she asked.