Chapter 28

Chapter 28

JASON’S POV

Opening the door, I step outside into the night.  I looked at my brother’s face, he had a black eye and a cut lip.  You could tell that the bruise wasn’t old and his posture wasn’t normal.  I was guessing he had more bruises on his body.

I shook my head, in disappointment, for him looking the way he did, also, him being here.

‘So.’ Was the best word I could come up with, if I’d say anything else, it wouldn’t come out very brotherly. 

I heard him take a deep breath and brought his head down.

‘I know you’re mad, probably livid about me being here.  I needed to see you, I couldn’t talk to Laura and well Leah, I think I pretty much fucked up our friendship.’ He said.

‘To be honest, I don’t think you fucked up, you did but not to the point of your friendship being over.  She’s been worried a lot about you but she’s amazing, don’t give up on her yet.  Look at it this way, she’s with me and I fucked up more times than you.’ I told him honestly.  Why did you need to talk to me?  About what?’ I asked him.

‘Since you left, I’ve been having trouble at home.  It’s like if they can’t pick on you, well now I got their full attention.  I got into a fight, obviously, about something stupid, they asked me if I’d be like you.  I got angry, said some things and they asked me to leave until I calmed down.  They told me I couldn’t keep the car.’ He brought his face up to look at me, ‘I didn’t want you to go.  It was hard when you were away, and then you get home and they throw you out.  I was angry.’ He said.

‘You know, you and me, I’ll always be here.  I don’t plan on screwing up anytime soon.  We’re blood.’ I answered him.

I heard someone clear their throats and I turned fast to see who it was and Chris also moved to see.  Right out side the door stood Leah, barefoot still in her pj.

She walked towards me, keeping her eyes on Chris.  When she got close I felt her arms go behind my back and so I put my arm around her shoulders.  She got closer and her head was to the side of my chest.

‘Hi.’ I heard Chris say, I kept my eyes on the girl I loved.

‘You look like shit.’ She said, I shook my head and laughed. 

‘Baby, you’re going to catch a cold.’ I whispered to her.

She looked at me and smiled, and gave me a little squeeze with her arm that was still around me.

‘I should probably go.’ I heard Chris say.

‘Do you have some where to go?’ Leah asked him.

‘I’ll be fine.’ He said nodding his head.