Chapter 7

****Please be advised, the beginning of this chapter tells you a little of what happened to Leah in her past.  It does get a bit graphic, I just wanted to give you a heads up.****

Chapter 7

**Nightmare**

‘Come here you bitch! Don’t you know not to run away from me!’ he yelled while chasing me.

I kept on running, but I knew eventually he would catch up and beat me.

A few of my ribs were broken, so every time I moved or breathed it would hurt badly.  Right now, my ribs were the last thing on my mind, I needed to keep going.  I tripped in the stairs and I felt his hand grab a hold of my ankle.  I screamed out of pain from falling, and out of fear.  I knew what was coming.  He grabbed a hold of my waist and squeeze and then slap me across the face.  Every time it felt like my eyes would pop out.  I tried not to make a sound.  I didn’t want him to know I was in pain because I could see he loved knowing he had that kind of power over me.  My eyes, like they had a mind of their own, I couldn’t control my tears.

He lifted my dress, which was the only thing I was allowed to wear, I couldn’t even wear underwear.  I guess it was to make things easier for him.  I tried to hit him back, I could smell the alcohol from his breath but he was bigger and stronger than me.  I would always say the same thing over and over ‘Please don’t, Daddy stop, don’t do this!’  But it never helped.  He forced my legs to open, and at the same time take off his belt and open up his pants.  ‘Come on Mandy, don’t make things harder for yourself.  You know I always get what I want.’ And then he would push himself inside me …

*End of nightmare*

I woke up screaming, like every other night.  Sweat dripping down my face and my back.  I tried to catch my breath, then screamed as loud as I could when Jason said ‘Hey you ok?’  I didn’t remember he was here.

All I could do what shake my head no.  I didn’t move until I was breathing more normally.  Jason was just sitting starring at me, not knowing what to do. 

I got up from the bed and went to the front door.  I checked the locks, making sure everyone of them was still locked.  Then I went to the kitchen to grab myself a glass of water and checked the time it was almost 6am. 

I went to the living room with my glass of water and put it down on the little table.  I sat down and only then realized Jason was in the bedroom doorway watching me.

I didn’t know what to say, what should I say?  I know he had questions, he looked worried.  I didn’t know what to do so I just starting looking out the window like I do everyday.

After awhile Jason came closer to me ‘Can I sit? I won’t touch you.’ He said.

I didn’t look at him, I was embarrassed so I just nodded and he sat down.  We both sat in silence for awhile.

After sunrise, I turned to look at him.  He still looked at me scarred and concerned.

‘I’m fine.’ I said, wasn’t sure if I was trying to convincing him or myself.

‘Do you want to talk about it?’ he asked.

‘There’s nothing to talk about’ I said trying to end this conversation.

‘You talk in your sleep, do you know that?’ he said still looking at me, while I was trying to look anywhere but him.

Wait! What did he just say! I turned my face to look at him, I was in shock, I was terrified.  Oh my god, what did I say!?!

****Please Comment and/or Vote!  Thank You!!****