Chapter 3

Chapter 3

We got out of school, I was happy the day was over.  Now I was going to Laura’s house to eat diner and get ready for the party.  I was always a bit nervous to go too parties but once I was there, I calmed down a bit and was able to enjoy myself more.

We got to Laura’s house, it was a big house.  Not like mansion or anything but a lot bigger than what I grew up in or my apartment now.  It was a two story house with white bricks in the front.  Laura’s mom, Rita Shaw loved flowers.  So the front of the house and the backyard had a lot of flowers.  It was so beautiful that sometime I would just stare at the flowers, you could tell that Mrs. Shaw loved working in her garden.

I guess I spaced out because all I head was ‘Dude you coming in or am I leaving you in the front by yourself starring at flowers?’ I turned and saw Laura looking annoyed starring at me.

‘Oh sorry, it’s just…beautiful’ I didn’t know what to say.  Like what do you say after you been caught doing the same thing over and over again.  So I understood, I laughed a little and shook my head and started walking towards the front door.

Laura opened the door and said ‘Mom, we’re home!’

I looked at Laura irritated, of course WE were home, I’m always here!  Mrs. Shaw came into view from the back of the house, ‘Hello girls, how was your day?’

‘Good’ Laura and I said at the same time, making us laugh.

‘Leah your mom knows you’re here?’ Mrs. Shaw asked me.

‘Yes she does, but I don’t think I can sleep over tonight.’ I hated lying.  I’m the worst liar, not even good at it.  If you paid any attention to me while I was lying you would know right away it wasn’t the truth. 

‘Well, you are always welcome to stay if you change your mind, as long as your mom knows.’ She offered me.

‘Thank you.’ I smiled at her, she was always so nice.  I wish I had a mother like her.

Rita ordered pizza for diner, when it got to the house we headed towards the kitchen and got everything ready.  Like plates, drink and went to the dinning room.  We ate diner the three of us.  Laura’s dad left when she was three and didn’t have any other siblings so Mrs. Shaw raised Laura on her own.  When Laura told me this almost a year ago, I was shocked.  Laura was such an amazing person, and she was raised with one parent.  I had two and I was all screwed up.

Mrs. Shaw asked what were are plans for the evening and we told her about the party.  One thing I loved about their relationship is that Laura didn’t need to lie to her mom about anything.  Rita was open, you could talk to her about anything and she would give you her honest opinion and why.  She told us it was fine to go but to be careful and not drink too much since we were still underage.  Laura told her Chris was picking us up and would be the driver.  Rita knew Laura liked Chris, and she also knew that he was honest and could be trusted.  So after all the questions and a great diner, Laura and I made our way up stairs to her room.

After closing her door, she tells me ‘No questions and no comment… you’re wearing the red dress, now go take a shower, after do hair and make-up.’  She always did this, so I just rolled my eyes and said ‘Yes mother’.  When I our eye met we started laughing.

After my short shower, I got out, toweled dried my hair.  I put a towel around myself and got out of the bathroom.  Laura went inside and closed the door for her to take a shower herself.  I started with my hair, blow-dried it and straighten it.  I always loved getting ready here.  Laura had so many things, so many choices.  I always still went simple with my make up, in all honesty I didn’t know what to do or how much to put on so before I looked like a hooker, simple is sometimes better. 

So now my hair was done, make up was done, Laura was finished doing her hair and was doing her make up. 

I grabbed the red dress from her walk in closet that was put to the side.  She had a lot of clothes.  My attention went to the dress.  It was beautiful but short.  The back of the dress was amazing, it was V shape so you could see my back.  I could tell the dress was new, the tags were still on it.

‘Oh shit! Dude this was 250.00$!  Are you nuts!  What if I drop something on it! What if…’

‘SHHHHH!  Stop bitching!  You are wearing that dress, you will look beautiful in it and I don’t want to hear another word out of you, Got it!?!?’ she said with her finger pointing at me. ‘Oh, the matching shoes are in the grey box on the floor in there, good thing we have the same size.’

‘Thanks Laura, I’ll try real hard not to drop anything on it.  You are a really good friend.’

She kissed my cheek and went back to continue doing her make up.

Laura was wearing a black dress with matching shoes.  She looked beautiful.  She never had to try hard, always just happened. 

It was 9pm and Laura and I were in the living room.  At around 9:20p.m. Chris and his brother pulled into the drive way.

Well here goes nothing I thought to myself.

****I decided to post Chapter 2 and 3 back to back, since both Chapters are short.  Like every book, some of them will be short and some will be long.

I’ll probably post Chapter 4 tomorrow,

Comment and vote!

Thank You!  ****