Chapter 41

Chapter 41

JASON’S POV

Yesterday, after Leah told Chris about her past, I was so proud of her.  I knew it hadn’t been easy for her to talk about it.  It was pretty obvious when she woke-up screaming a few hours after we went to bed.  We did the same thing like we did every other time.  I sat with her in the bed, Chris went and got her a glass of water.  After she calmed down we’d go sit in the living room.  When she would let me hold her, I would and later Chris would pass out.  Yeah I was tired but I couldn’t let her go through that alone.  Even if we didn’t talk, I just wanted to show her I was there if she needed me.

Being tired and lifting heavy boxes after boxes wasn’t the best feeling in the world.  Some of the guys would laugh at me, thinking I was having too much sex and telling me to slow down and sleep.  I would just laugh it off, they didn’t need to know shit.  Our sex life was great but it didn’t interfere with our sleep, but Leah’s nightmare wasn’t her fault.

‘Jason! Let’s go, keep moving!’ my boss Alex ordered.

‘Yeah.’ I said.  Grabbing another box and bringing it out to the truck.  This was my life, my work life.  Picking-up a box and bringing it to the truck and do it again and again.  Fun. 

When we finally finished putting all the boxes in the truck we went to the new house the people were moving to.  Then we unloaded the truck.

What I liked is we only did one or two moves a day, that’s all we had time to do.  When we did two, which was a killer.  I was so dead when I got home.  No energy at all but seeing Leah gave me a boost.  She always made life better some how.

‘Hey Alex, we doing one or two today?’ I heard Fred ask.

‘Only one.’ Alex answered.

‘Sweet.’ I whispered to myself and heard Fred’s ‘Nice!’

We both laughed.  John just shook his head and smiled.  I liked all the guy I worked with, John was more serious but Fred could always make me laugh and Alex well, most of the time he was all about business but sometimes he would join in and make us laugh.

After a few hours we were done.  I was happy, I just wanted to be home.

‘Hey Jason, you need a lift?’ Fred asked me.

‘No, I’m good but thanks see you tomorrow.’ I said.

‘Yeah tomorrow’s Friday.  Are you working this weekend?’ he asked.

‘Not sure yet, I guess Alex will let me know tomorrow.’

‘Alright, see you tomorrow.’ Fred said.

‘Yeah, tomorrow.’ I said back and grabbed my things and went to the bus stop.  Fred offered me a ride a few times but I always said no.  I knew Leah didn’t tell people where she lived so I did the same.