Chapter 5

Chapter 5

So Jason and I left the party, he had left a note on Chris’s front window so he would know where both of us were.  We had been walking for about 15 minutes.  It was strange, not in a bad way but, I didn’t know him and I always got nervous around new people.  We were playing 20 questions, but we had a long way to walk so it would probably be more like 100 questions.

‘Favorite color?  Oh and please don’t say it’s pink.’ he asked.

I laughed and shook my head, ‘ Flamingo dream’  I answered trying to look serious but at the same time trying to hide my little smile that had crept onto my lips.

‘Flamingo dream?’ He looked at me, ‘You’re seriously going with that.’

‘Absolutely’ now I couldn’t hide my smile.  I knew he would catch on, the name is different but pink none the less.  He poked me on the side of the stomach and said ‘Bull Shit’.  I laughed so hard that I was probably waking up the people who lived around here.

‘Fine!  I got two, and you can’t judge, got it!?’ He just stared at me and then he nodded.

‘Well I love green and I love red.’ I told him without looking at him.

‘So you love Christmas then?’ he asked.

‘It has nothing to do with Christmas, I just like those two colors.  Ok now your turn, same questions.’

‘Dark green.’

‘Ok… why?’

‘Well it looks good on me, and it’s the same colors of my eyes.  Color I hate, Orange.  You, what color do you hate?’

I turned to him and said in a serious tone ‘Flamigo dream’.

We looked at each other and laughed.

‘Alright, a place or city you would never want to go too’ he asked.

Right away I thought, home, I never want to go back there.

I didn’t notice I had stopped walking, and so had he.  He was just looking at me, it looked like concern but I shook my head and said the next thing that came to mind.

‘The north pole’ I said fast.  A little to fast but I knew he understood me.

‘Really?!  So you’re saying to don’t want to meet Santa?!?!’ he told me in a mocking tone.

I laughed and said ‘well of course I want to meet Santa’ while rolling my eyes, ‘but it’s way to freaking cold.’

‘You?’ I asked him.

We stopped walking again and he looked at me and said ‘Jail’.

I didn’t know what to say.  Was he in jail before? If so why?  What happened? What did he do?  I guess all my questions were written on my face because he just said ‘I’ll tell you maybe some other time.’

I just nodded, and we continued walking.

We played this game and tried to stick with questions that weren’t to serious all the way until we got to my apartment, 45minutes later. 

‘You told me you lived close?’ he asked me with a raised eye brow.

‘Umm, sorry about that, I didn’t want to look needy.  I can take care of myself but after what you said at the party, about being safe I seconded guessed myself.’

I looked around, and realized, shit how is he supposed to head back.  No bus, he could maybe call a cab hoping he had a cell phone.  I’m such a freaking idiot, I thought only about myself.  I didn’t think about him going back, it’s again a 45 minute walk!

‘Jason, I’m so sorry, I don’t know what the hell I was thinking.  How are you going to get back?!’

‘Well, I have two legs and a heart beat, I’ll walk back’ he told me smiling.

I felt so bad, what if something happens to him on his way back to the party.  What if Chris wouldn’t be there anymore?  What if he got beaten up, Jason was pretty built but still.

I looked at Jason, he didn’t seam excited to walk back, and I didn’t blame him at all.

All I said was, ‘Come on.’ At the same time grabbed his hand leading him towards my apartment building.

****Please comment and Vote...Thank You!****