Chapter 6

Chapter 6

‘What do you mean come on?  Chris told me about your mom, she won’t be happy at all!’ He told me and you could tell he was so nervous.

I stopped walking and turned so I could face him, I put both my hands on both his cheeks so we could look into each others eyes and I told him ‘Right now you have nothing to be nervous about.  Can I trust you?’

He looked taken aback, and I expected as much, we had just met tonight.  He looked in my eyes ‘Yes, do you trust me?’

‘Yes, but trusting others always makes me nervous.  You don’t have to be scarred or nervous… I live alone.’  With that said I turned and continued to walk up the stairs heading towards my apartment.

‘Chris said you lived with your mom.  That she doesn’t let you have friends over and well… is kind of a bitch.  Sorry.’

I kept walking without saying a word.  What did you want me to say, I lied to everyone over and over again, everyday, and everything about me is a lie. If I wanted to be honest with someone I didn’t even know where to start. 

So I kept walking until I reached my front door.  The numbers 223 were written on my door.  I got my keys out of my purse and opened my three locks.  I could feel him looking at me, looking at the locks.  I still didn’t say anything.

I opened the front door, went in and turned and looked at him.  ‘Do you want to come in?’ I asked him.

He took the step and walked into my apartment.  He looked around but there wasn’t much to see.  It was small.  One small bedroom, one bathroom, small kitchen and living room.

After he was done checking out my place.  I noticed it was pretty late, almost 3am.  I asked him if he was tired and he said not really.  I didn’t have a TV but I had some board games.  He seamed interested.

‘Alright, the games I have are, oh and don’t laugh, Snakes and Ladders, Payday, Guess Who and UNO, but I don’t know how to play that game.’

‘You don’t know UNO!!?! We are so playing that one!’ he said with a huge smile.  I looked at him and man, what a smile.  That was like a million dollar smile.

I brought the game to the table in the living room and he taught me the rules and showed me how to play.  I liked it but it wasn’t my favorite, maybe because every game we played I lost.  He asked me where I got those games because some of them were old and you could easily tell, I answered with the truth, ‘my aunts gave them to me.’

Close to 4am we stopped playing.  We were both really tired but trying to stay awake at the same time which we weren’t pulling off.

‘Take my room, I’ll sleep on the couch.’ I told him.

‘That doesn’t sound right, I can take the couch.’

‘No, I made you walk all the way here, it’s the least I can do.  Let me just grab my pj’s.  I went into my bedroom, grabbed my things I needed and walked back into the living room.  ‘Go.’   I pointed to towards my room while smiling at him.

He nodded his head, and went in my room and I heard the door close.  Walking in the bathroom and closing the door, I brushed my teeth, used the bathroom and got changed and left.  I went to the couch and took the blankets off of it.  There was no way in hell that I was sleeping on it.

I put a blanket on the floor, grabbed a little pillow and got myself on the floor putting the other small blanket on me.  I closed my eyes but soon after I heard a door open.

‘What are you doing?!’ Jason asked.

I sat up and looked at him and said ‘well trying to sleep, what are you doing?!’

‘Bathroom’ he explained.  ‘Why are you on the floor?’

‘The couch is not comfortable and hurts my back, the floor is more comfy.’ I told him.

‘Well this won’t work’, he told me, ‘sleep in the bed with me,’ I started to freak out but he looked hurt. ‘I won’t try anything, I won’t touch you, I promise.’ He told me.

I was still frozen in place.  Should I do that?  Is he really not going to touch me?  I never slept with a guy in my bed before, except when… 

‘Ok’ I said my voice came out just as a whisper but he heard me.  I got up, and looked around, for what, I don’t know.  He went towards the bathroom and I went to my bedroom.  I had a lot of pillows, 3 pillows for the head and 2 body pillows.  I was putting a body pillow in the middle of the bed so we wouldn’t touch each other in the night, then he came back into the room.  He had a smile on his face, like he thought my actions were funny.

We were both in bed and said goodnight.

I turned so my back was to him, I was so tired that it only took me a few minutes and I was asleep.

****Please Comment and/or Vote!  Thank You!****