chapter eighty three

I thought I had looked at my house for the last time, but apparently not, now I was back inside, being pushed in to the living room by my brother, tears, the same as in so many occasions, were streaming down my face.

My mother shrieked when she saw me, my father was standing by the couch he used to sit on every morning and read his papers. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me further in to hell as she pushed me down on the sofa.

"You were going to leave?" She yelled as I looked desperately to Niall who walked to me and pulled me up in to his arms, holding me tightly to him and somehow protecting me from my mothers wrath.

"Tell me, where were you going to go? With him?" She cackled as I grimaced, stepping further in to Nialls hold as I nodded.

"Anywhere was better than with him" I hissed, staring at my father as he looked to me, hurt overwhelming in his eyes, instantly making me regret my words. But nonetheless, I had spent so long with my father, in that stupid flat, and he had kept Niall away from me, he wasn't who I'd looked up to all these years.

"We told you, you wouldn't see him again, you and Niall are over!" She yelled as I cried and turned around in Nialls arms, burying my face in to his neck as he rubbed my back.

"I've told you so many times Mrs Winters, in no way can you keep Sophie and I apart." Niall said quietly, holding me close to his chest. "I haven't done anything wrong, and you're punishing me, keeping her away from me."

"You're no good for her!" My mother shrieked. "You've ripped away the old Sophie that was going places, and given us this!"

"This?" Niall yelled, startling me as I jumped back and looked up at him. "Please don't tell me you just referred to your daughter as 'this'" He growled.

*NIALLS POV*

I was trying so hard to stay calm and collected for Sophie, and I actually thought I was doing a good enough job, but her mother is another thing altogether. Id never met anyone like Sophie-mays mother before, who had the nerve to refer to her daughter as nothing other than 'this' and put her down every chance she got.

"Your daughter is so much more than just 'this' or 'that', but im almost certain that you wouldn't know because you don't give her the time of day!" I said viciously, hoping my words cut through her like a knife on butter.

"You don't know a thing!" She retorted as I laughed and shook my head. I couldn't believe her. I held Sophie as close to me as I thought necessary, which was pretty fucking close. I didn't want to let go of her and have a repeat of last time because I don't think I could cope with losing her again.

"I know everything! And I assure you that if you gave Sophie one moment of your day, you would realise what an amazing daughter you have, how smart and kind and beautiful she is, but you'll never understand that because you're blind to absolutely everything she does!" I wasn't even thinking about what I was saying, the words were flowing out my mouth so quickly I couldn't even begin to think about stopping. "But I can guarantee, that I am not blind. I give your daughter the love and attention that she lacks, I care for her, appreciate her, I love her." I said, the words slowing down to a terribly painful speed.

"When I told her we should leave, the first thing she asked was if she would be able to still do what shes always wanted to do, you think Sophie's sunk, but shes only grown. She has aspiration's and dreams like none I've ever heard before, and I intend to nurture and care for her until she achieves her goals because I care for her more than you ever will."

I watched Sophie's mothers expressions change drastically with every single word that fell from my mouth. I couldn't even begin to decipher how she was reacting to this, but that didn't mean I was about to stop.