chapter fifty two

I was frozen, glued to the spot as Niall and I just stood there, equally as speechless as each other, staring in horror.

It was Chloe who set it off, as she walked over towards Niall, in her trashy heels, slinging her arm around him and bringing her lips to his ears.

“That was fun” She whispered, loud enough for me to hear as she glanced towards me smirking. “See all the things you’re missing out on?”

“S-sophie” Was all Niall said as he looked at me, ignoring Chloe’s presence. I found myself profusely shaking my head, as I started walking backwards before stumbling in to the door and turning around, running through the corridor and down the stairs, where Harry grabbed me pulling me aside looking at me worriedly.

“Sophie?!” He asked trying to look me in the eyes as I looked manically around, locking eyes with Niall as he ran down the stairs, staring at me.

“Get off me Harry” I yelled causing people to turn around and look as I pulled myself out of his grip and ran outside, down Caitlin’s driveway as another hand grabbed my arm turning me around.

“Leave me alone Niall” I yelled, my voice sounded hoarse and so strained, as I backed away from Niall, who stood before me shaking his head.

“Let me explain!” Niall yelled as I shook my head biting the inside of my cheek to stop any tears that might escape.

“Is there anything to explain? You were kissing Chloe” I said defeated as I saw Harry, Rhiannon, Zayn, Caitlin, Chloe herself and a large group crowd around the scene, anxious to see what’s happening.

“No but Sophie it wasn’t like that” Niall attempted to save himself, but this time I wasn’t going to let it work, I wasn’t going to be weak.

“Its fine Niall, honestly. Its not like we were anything serious right? It was just a stupid fling” I said trying my hardest to make my voice come across as strong and unwavering. Nialls eyes widened as he took two wide steps towards me.

“Don’t you say that! You know that’s a lie! We wer- We are serious Sophie.” Niall yelled as whispers from the growing group behind him developed.

“We weren’t Niall, or else you wouldn’t have been kissing someone else. Its okay Niall, I’ll let you get back to your normal life” I sighed as I turned to walk away, once again being dragged back by Niall. I watched as Danielle emerged from the now large group of observers as she cautiously made her way towards Niall and I.

“You are not fucking giving up!” Niall roared as I shook my head yanking my arm out of his grip.

“Why?” I screamed, finally feeling a wetness against my cheek as tears spilled from my eyes. “I’m fed up Niall! Why cant I leave?!” my voice came out louder than I had expected as Niall stayed quiet.

“Exactly” I muttered. Niall pinched the bridge of his nose as I turned around starting to walk away.

“Because I love you.” I heard him call, almost tiredly as I stopped walking, facing away from him. “And you know I do, I really fucking love you, and I don’t give a shit who knows.”

I heard his words, his declaration of love in front of all his friends, but the words didn’t feel the same, I didn’t believe them anymore.

“You don’t love me Niall” I sighed turning around to see him staring at me with defeated eyes as he nodded.

“I do, you know I do Sophie.” And it was then that I said something I would regret, words that would hurt the one that I knew I loved, words purely fuelled by anger and my own personal pain.

“You don’t know the first thing about love, all you do is sleep around” I instantly wished I’d  never said it, as I saw the look in his eyes, of betrayal for such words. But he had betrayed me; cheated on me even. And I didn’t know which was worse.

"I'm just another one of your little games, someone you slept with, and then got bored of." i whispered feeling my hands tremble as they hung by my sides, tired and defeated.

“I know I’m in love with you Sophie, and you’re the only one I want” He said slowly, I could see him trying to stay calm, trying to fight for this, whatever this was, but this time, I wasnt going to lose.

I watched as Harry started walking towards us, staring at me, he passed Danielle as Niall noticed him, grabbing his shirt.

“Harry, Harry I told you how I felt about her, please tell her” Niall almost begged as Harry glanced at me before back at niall and shook his head.

“You don’t deserve anything after what you’ve done” Harry hissed shrugging Niall off of him and walking over to me, leaning down to my ear.

“Do you want me to take you home?” Harry asked as I nodded furiously. He took my arm as he started to pull me towards his car. I heard Niall yelling before chancing it and glancing back and seeing Zayn restraining him from running to us before he fell to his knees in desperation.

“Sophie please” was the last thing I heard him yell before I sunk in to Harry’s leather seat and buried my face in to my hands.

Harry drove silently for a while, which I appreciated as he pretended my quiet cry’s didn’t exist.

“Are you alright?” Harry mumbled quietly as he turned down my road, he glanced over to me before focusing back on the road.

“Yeah I’m great” I mumbled a bit too sarcastically as Harry rose his eyebrows straightening his back. “Sorry.” I muttered as Harry nodded “Im fine thanks” Harry pulled up in the drive way and unbuckling his seatbelt as he turned towards me.

“Just call me if you need anything, yeah?” Harry’s voice was quiet and almost shy as he looked at me.

“Thanks” I smiled weakly before walking up to my front door as Harry drove off.

A/N sorry there was no chapter update yesterday guys, i went in to town and met a band! does anyone know Union J? i met them, they were so lovely and genuine, anyway, sorry for not updating! hope this makes up for it!