chapter thirty seven

I was up before anyone else the next morning, taking my time to get ready, as I went over last night.

I felt as though every time I was with Niall, I changed, and its now as if im constantly changing, it was no less than a month ago I was plain old  Sophie-May Winters, the girl who knew who her friends were, and they knew who she was. The girl that everyone either accepted or ignored, the girl who had the loyal boyfriend, and was loyal in return. And now, as I stand here looking at my twisted reflection in the mirror, im not even sure I recognise myself.

One month and I’ve changed. I cheated on my boyfriend, I lied to my friends, my family, lost my relationship with my brother, and all for a boy who plays on my mind 24/7, and every thought involves him.

I walked through the corridors in the direction of my locker, I was in ten minutes earlier than usual, but it was completely deserted.

I tapped in my locker code as I twisted the lock, opening up the book filled void. I shifted through the miniature library, fishing out my history textbook as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Need a hand?” Harry was standing above me, charming smile bracing his face as his book bag swung from his shoulder, the black t shirt he wore had some band logo on it, and clung to him tightly.

“yes, thank you.” I smiled stepping away as he pulled out the history book I had just been struggling to fetch.

“How are you Sophie?” he asked handing me the thick purple book as I took it, sliding it in to my own bag.

“I’m good thank you. What about you Harry? How are you doing?” I chuckled as he slammed my locker shut and cocked his head towards the empty corridor as he began to walk leaving me to follow.

“I’m good, are you ever going to see me up on that offer then?” he chuckled stopping outside my history class following my lead. I rose an eyebrow. “You said we’d hang out, we had fun last time right?” He asked as I nodded, we did have fun, and Harry was my friend, a really good friend, whose company I enjoyed, I didn’t see the harm in hanging out with him.

“Oh, yeah it was great fun, well, are you free after school today?” I asked as a grin took place on his lips.

“I am for you.” He smirked as I shook my head, I really felt like, despite his demeanour Harry was different from the rest, if I got to know him a bit more, we could be really good friends.

“What’s your last lesson?” He asked looking around at the people starting to fill the corridors.

“I have English.” I sighed scrunching up my nose as he chuckled pushing the hair off his face.

“Alright, I’ll meet you there and then we’ll make up some plans.” He smiled before gently pinching the skin on my upper arm and walking away, leaving me to enter the history room by myself.

It wasn’t long before Niall walked through the classroom door, hair flat to his head, with a slight fringe, nothing to how it was yesterday. He smiled as he sat down in the seat next to me looking nervous.

It wasn’t until Mr Tumult had started talking that Niall decided to hold his own conversation.

“Was everything okay when I left yesterday?” he whispered leaning across to me, my eyes widened as I looked around to make sure nobody was watching or listening. I turned back to the front of class and nodded abruptly, hoping he wouldn’t continue the conversation.

“I texted you, but you never answered?” he whispered again as I turned to him puffing my cheeks out.

“I haven’t checked my phone.” I muttered back as he chuckled sitting back in his chair, and scooting it closer to me.