chapter ninety four

"Niall no" My chest was tight and I myself was on the edge of tears as I watched Niall; a broken mess on the bed, demanding me I left for good.

"Sophie go" He croaked as I refused repeatedly, shaking my head as he stood up and clenched his fists. "You need to leave!" He cried out going and opening his bedroom door. "Leave! Start with someone else! Go on! Go!" He yelled as I flinched at the volume of his voice, standing paralysed against the wall, staring at him bewildered.

Niall groaned in frustration, slamming his door shut again and kicking his drawers as the wood splintered, leaving a large hole.

"Why aren't you leaving?" He yelled, turning to me as I jumped slightly, still refusing to move from the spot.

"N-Niall I don't want to" My voice came out much weaker than I had expected, it was silent and terrified. Nialls face suddenly changed. His angry and stressed features disappeared as looked at me lost, in realisation.

"I'm so stupid" He muttered, turning around on the spot completely, running his fingers through his hair before looking back at me again. "Come here baby girl?" he whispered, holding his arms out. That was all I needed.

I sprung from the wall and collapsed in to Nialls arms. He instantly held me tightly, falling to his knees with me as he rocked us back and forth, burying his face in to my neck. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He whispered repeatedly as I held on to him.

"I just love you" He whimpered in to my neck, attempting to pull me closer to him as I made it easier by wrapping my legs around his waist. "So much, and I want the best for you" He sniffed as I stroked the back of his head gently.

"You are the best for me" I whispered pulling away slightly so he looked at me. "Remember how lost I was before you came back?" I asked, stroking his hair for him. "I wasn't myself anymore, I was a robot, you saved me." He watched intently, like a child as I saw my words sinking in to him. "You took me away from that and you made me, me again. I am Sophie, your Sophie."

"My Sophie." He repeated, mesmerised as he stared at me. "My Sophie." He said again, this time leaning forward and kissing me passionately, pushing me down to the floor as he hovered above me. "My beautiful girl." He whispered against the kiss as I knitted my fingers amongst his hair.

"Sophie let me-"

I knew what he was going to say and I wasn't going to let him finish as I nodded desperately. Niall quickened the kiss as he pulled off the black knitted dress I had worn to dinner with Ben, leaving me in my underwear as he kissed me again before kneeling on his ankles and stripping himself.

"I love you." He whispered, reassuring me as I sat up and finished undressing myself, looking at him nervously. "Sophie? I love you." He repeated, finishing off before gently pushing me back down, hovering above me as he kissed me once again, softly and devotedly.

"Why wont you say it back?" he whispered, his fingers brushing through my hair as he stared softly down at me.

"I love you." I whispered, I wasn't sure why it had taken me so long to say it back, but as soon as I did, Nialls face relaxed and he kissed me again, distracting me from everything else as he pushed in to me and groaned in to the kiss.

...

It was unlike any time we'd ever had before. It was strange. But in a good way. We were quiet and slow, messily kissing each other as Niall stroked my cheek, constantly checking if I were okay. I was silent for most of it, if I wasn't kissing Niall, I was staring at him, observing his face and expressions, the slight bend of his lip and glint in his eye.

I was now sat in Nialls lap as he leant against the foot of his bed, cradling me close to him as he stroked my hair. We were silent, neither of us bothering to say anything as I allowed Niall to hold and baby me for a while.

I knew he felt bad for the fight, I did too. We were both so mixed up, we couldn't function with each other, but at the same time, we could only function with each other.

Niall pressed a wet kiss to my forehead as he pulled me closer to him and sighed, nudging his forehead against mine.

"Never leave me." He whispered, leaning in to me and closing his eyes in a stance of safety.

"Never." I replied just as quietly. I buried myself in to his arms as he tightened his grip protectively on me, guarding me from the rest of the world as I slowly fell asleep.