chapter seventy six

Even in the emergency room, as we waited, amongst another forty people quietly, Niall held me on his lap, refusing to let me go as he rocked us back and forth slightly.

I welcomed the gesture, my face buried in to his neck muffling my whimpers as one of Nialls hands rubbed my back gently.

"Im so sorry, im so sorry" he kept repeating, despite the fact he had no need to apologise. He had helped me, knocked Harry out and come to the rescue.

Niall jumped up, still holding me steadily as a doctor lead us through a corridor in to an empty room.

"Just put her on the bed for me sir?" the doctor asked cautiously, considering the both of our appearances. I didn't want Niall to put me down, in case he left. my fist clenched around his shirt as he shook his head, sitting on the bed himself, holding me in his lap.

"She wont let you look at her if im not right here" He whispered as the doctor sighed frustrated and nodded, grabbing a wad of cloth and holding it against my nose.

"Hold that" he said to me despite the fact I had absolutely no use of my arm.

"She cant fucking hold it" Niall mumbled, gently pressing the cloth to my nose himself as he sighed, the doctor shooting him a look.

...

The doctor fixed up the wooden spleen running along my arm as he wrapped tightly, a fabric bandage around my arm, and then fastened it with a sling.

"I'll have to call her parents before she leaves, it's the law" He mumbled pulling out my files from his clipboard and walking out the room. Niall sighed and shuffled backwards on the bed, holding me on his lap.

"Does it hurt as much?" He whispered, his fingers running through my hair as I shook my head, instinctively resting my head against his chest. Was this us making up? I didn't know.

"My mothers going to kill me" I frowned as Niall chuckled weakly and shook his head, kissing the top of mine.

"I'll take care of it, im not having her stress you out after tonight." He whispered before falling silent for a while. "I'm really sorry, for everything." Niall said softly as I shook my head.

"No Niall i-"

"No Sophie, I fucked up and let you go, and subsequently paid the price for it." He frowned his grip tightening ever so slightly on me. "I love you so much, and it hurts so badly when you're not with me, and I know I have fucked up so many times, b-but-"

"Niall" I whispered cutting through his sentence. "Niall you don't need to say anything, I forgive you, I just want to be with you" I whispered as a heavy sigh of relief came out of Nialls mouth. he tilted my head up softly and planted a gentle kiss on my blood stained lips.

"I wont let you get hurt again, im so sorry baby girl" He sniffed and held me tightly as I opened my mouth to speak, but, as per usual was cut off.

"What happened? Oh Sophie look at you for Christ sake!" My mothers shriek pierced my ears as she entered the room, my father following. The doctor had called them both? I don't think they had seen each other since the divorce, I certainly hadn't seen my father since he left.

"Was it you? Did you hurt her?" My mother yelled as Niall widened his eyes and shook his head desperately.

"It wasn't him, it was an accident at the party I went to with Matthew, it got a bit out of hand" I explained as Nialls thumb ran gently up and down my none-bandaged arm.

"She's alright, her shoulder and wrist were dislocated, but other than that, she's okay, her nose isn't broken, neither is her arm, she just needs a bit of looking after" Niall whispered sitting up slightly to talk to my mother as she cackled, causing my father to grimace.

"Looking after? You clearly haven't looked after her!" My mother laughed as I frowned and attempted to stand up for Niall.

"He brought me here tonight mum, ran to me and made sure he didn't leave my side. Without Niall I would probably still be on the floor at that party" I frowned as my father took a seat in the corner of the room. Two months ago he would have been worried, cradling his daughter and kissing her forehead, but now, he couldn't seem less bothered.

"He should keep you out of these situations all together, I don't know how many times I've told you he's no good, that you should leave him" My mother yelled, despite the fact we were in a public place.

"I wouldn't listen to you mother even if you told me that a million times, because its not true! I love him mother, you'd have to be blind not to see that" I yelled back as Nialls grip tightened on me cautiously.

"Love? Sophie you're only just 17, you wouldn't know love if it hit you in the face!" She cried in amusement. "And he, this boy doesn't love you! He wants one thing from you! Sex! That's all he wants from a girl like you, and once he gets it, you watch, he'll be gone!" She yelled.

Anger bubbled inside of me, as Matthew rushed in, a worried look on his face before examining the scene in the room and falling quiet, stepping back against the wall.

I shouldn't have said it. I knew it wouldn't help the situation in anyway whatsoever, it would make it worse, but I so badly craved to wipe that smug look off of my mothers face.

"Really mother?" I laughed as Niall widened his eyes, sensing what was coming. "Because mother, Niall and I have had sex, many times, and would you look at this?" I gasped sarcastically. "He's still here! Right by my side, so tell me how your theory works out now?" I spat.

My mother fell silent, her face paling as she stumbled backwards slightly. What followed was something I didn't expect to happen, that actually terrified me.

"Get away from my fucking daughter" My father roared, getting up from his seat and pounding over to Niall and I, pulling him from behind me as I whimpered and shook my head, scampering out of bed and over to my father, who had Niall backed against the wall.

"What did you do to her? What did you do to my daughter?" He growled as I cried and desperately tried to pry my fathers hands off of Nialls shirt.

"He did nothing! Dad I love him and he loves me, please don't hurt him!" I cried out but it was hopeless, no matter how hard I tugged on my fathers arms, he wouldn't let go, I was helpless and this was all starting to melt in to another nightmare of its own.