chapter seventy seven

Matthew rushed forward and pulled my father back, yelling at him to calm down as I fell in to Nialls arms and clung to him with all the strength I had. His arms wrapped around my waist in a sense of protection as he held me tightly against him, muffling my sobs as I buried my face in to his chest.

This was turning out to be a badly directed movie, the crying, the fighting, it was like a scene right out of an 80's film, and yet somehow it wasn't a scene from Pretty In Pink, or Sixteen Candles, nor was it Say Anything or Ghost, this was my sorry life, and it wasn't going to end with a musical number and a happy ending.

"Sir listen to me" Niall breathed out, tightening his grip even more on me, ensuring I was safe with him. Matthew pulled my father back, restraining him as my mother watched faintly as she stood beside my brother.

"I love her so much, and what we've done t-together, wasn't just me, it was us, it was a decision we made because we love each other" Niall said slowly as I refused to lift my head up from his chest, instead I just breathed in his scent, inhaled him in case he was ripped away from me. "And I know im not what you would want me to be, or what you want your daughter to be with, but look at us, I love her so much and everything I do for her, is out of the ridiculous amount of love and adoration I have" he said, slowly and calmly, his hand rubbing circles on my back as my choked sobs soaking his blood stained shirt.

"Still, you ruined her." My father spat as I started trembling, shaking my head against Nialls chest as he cooed to me softly and pulled me closer to him. "I always stood up for you, and now I find out, now my eyes have been opened, you took her away from everything she had, her boyfriend, her friends, her school, her life, you literally ruined my daughter" My father sounded so calm, as did everyone else in the room, compared to me who was a trembling, sobbing mess, collapsed in Nialls arms.

"I didn't ruin her, I'd never ruin her" Niall whispered. I knew he was trying so hard to stay calm for our sake, the sake of Niall and I. "You had her up on a pedestal, she was stuck up there, leading a life she didn't want, I brought her back to reality, I brought her back to life" Niall said more forcefully. "She was living her life in black and white, and then I helped her, she's happy now, you'd have to be an idiot not to see that, I took her off that pedestal and brought her back to the person she used to be before I left, the happy girl with the loving eyes and kind heart, I brought her back to you!" Niall argued as my father laughed and shook his head.

"This is over" he said plainly as I widened my eyes and turned around to stare at my father, desperately shaking my head. It wasn't over, it was never over. "You're not to see him anymore Sophie-May, he's poison, intoxicating you and I can see that now, you wont date him, you wont talk to him and you wont think about him. I'm putting an end to this" My father said firmly as I cried out as if I were in pain.

"No, no you can't do that!" I cried out as Niall took a hasty step towards me and pulled me in to him so tightly, it hurt, but I wouldn't dare step away from him.

"My words final." My father reiterated as I sobbed more than I ever had before, clinging to Niall as if I were about to die.

"You cant do that! We live next to each other! We see each other every day! It'd be torture, Sophie wouldn't cope, I couldn't cope!" Nialls voice sounded weak and stressed, going high pitched at times as he held on to me as tightly as he could.

"I agree with your father Sophie" My mother said quietly as I cried shaking my head.

"No mum please, please!" I sob, my tears blurring my vision as she shook her head. I needed Matthew to stand in, I needed my brother to help me out, but as I looked at him, he looked back at me sadly, helplessly, as if anything he said wouldn't be listened to.

"You'll go and live at your fathers, transfer to a school around there, get your grades back up and this toxic relationship out of your system." My mother said as more and more tears, never-ending flowed out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

"You're going to take her away from everything she's ever known? Her friends? Her school? Because of me?" Niall asked, exasperated at the thought as my mother nodded. I couldn't bare this, I couldn't comprehend how all this had happened tonight.

"Niall you need to leave, right now" My father stated firmly as I sobbed and turned to Niall gripping on to his shirt with my good hand as I cried up to him shaking my head.

"D-don't go, don't let them take me away" I cried hopelessly as Niall sniffed and cupped my cheek, caressing it with his thumb.

"I'll see you soon okay? I promise you that this isn't it, I promise you I wont give up on this" he whispered as I sobbed, continuing to shake my head, so much my brain pounded against my skull.

"P-please" I whimpered as a frown set over Niall's face and he pressed his forehead tightly against mine.

"I love you so much, don't you forget that, you are mine and I will love you unlimitedly" H pressed his lips firmly against mine, and I could feel wetness from his eyes press against mine as he kissed me softly and passionately before pulling away and planting one last kiss on my forehead.