chapter twenty one

I didn't want to go on like this, the feelings had been eating away at me all week. It was Friday, and not once had my mind been diverted from Niall, and yet he had been a complete, obnoxious jerk to me all week, only having spoken about three words to me since Monday.

I was sat in my room, reading the newer copy of Peter pan, I had got It for Christmas a few years back, and had used this one for underlining words that related to me, and my older one for simply enjoying.

All children, except one, grow up. They soon know that they will grow up, and the way Wendy knew was this. One day when she was two years old she was playing in a garden, and she plucked another flower and ran with it to her mother. I suppose she must have looked rather delightful, for Mrs. Darling put her hand to her heart and cried, "Oh, why can't you remain like this for ever!" This was all that passed between them on the subject, but henceforth Wendy knew that she must grow up. You always know after you are two. Two is the beginning of the end. 

It was my favourite extract from the book, and subsequently the beginning of the book, it gave me shivers whenever I read the first line, and reminded me ever so much of a boy I knew myself, one who refused to grow up.

Niall.

Niall was as immature and stuck in his ways as a four year old, and I doubted he would ever chance.

But then again, I don't think I wanted him to.

...

"I'm not tutoring him anymore mother!" I huffed as Niall stood outside the front door whilst my mother and I bickered on the other side.

"I don't like him either Sophie but Maura and I have been good friends since we were teenagers ourselves! So you tutor that boy until he gets an a*!" my mother ordered, although all I heard was the beginning line.

"I didn't say I didn't like him! I just won't tutor him!"

"Yes you will!" She ordered opening the door, suddenly plastering a fake smile on her face as Niall leaned against the door frame, a stupid smirk lighting up his face as he rose an eyebrow at me.

"So why won't you tutor me?" Niall asked amused at the fact he had overhead our conversation. I sighed, I walked upstairs to my father's office, Niall following behind, laughing at my strop.

"So you really hate me that much then?" Niall asked twirling the pencil between his fingers like a baton.

"Do the equation Niall." I ordered sitting beside him as I re-read the same part of peter pan at least fifty times due to his constant interruptions.

"Why do you hate me then?" he pushed leaning back in the chair as the corner of his mouth tilted in to a smirk. I looked up from my book at him, his hands were behind his head and the pencil now gripped tightly between his teeth as he smirked ignorantly at me.

"Do you smoke?" I asked staring at the pencil in his mouth, he shook his head nonchalantly. I suppose I had expected a different answer, but then again, I wasn't sure why I had asked the ridiculous question in the first place.

"Why do you hate me?" he asked again.

"You've ignored me all week." I commented, looking at the paper he'd scribbled on with utter rubbish.

"Or have you been ignoring me?" he asked, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"No I have not I've bee- Niall, what are you doing?" I sighed as he laughed, he was playing a game I wasn't up to, trying to wind me up to my maximum, until I burst. I wasn't going to sit here and banter back and forth with him.