chapter seventeen

I felt Niall's lips move against mine, I didn't know what I was doing, but I couldn't seem to stop, one of his hands had moved to back of my head pulling me ever more closer to him, not breaking the kiss. I felt his cold lip ring press against my lip as his tongue pleaded for entry, which I allowed almost too quickly as we moved in sync.

His mouth tasted of cool mint, as I savoured every second that he moved with me. I've never felt like this before, I've never felt so alive, so ignited, as if my whole life had been leading up to this moment alone, his tongue glided over mine sending shivers down my spine as his hand ran through my hair.

I feel him break the intense kiss as he pulls back, planting a kiss on the corner of my mouth. "Sophie" he sighs, breathing heavily, there's a small smile on his lips as he looks down at my own, pulling his lip ring in between his teeth.

"Sophie." He breathed again, pulling me by waist closer to him as he laid back on the bed, me following his motions as he reignited our kiss. one hand rested on his chest as the other became entangled with his hair, pulling it back from his face, as he opened his eyes slightly looking at me, nodding before gliding his tongue back in to my mouth, something that felt completely natural. His chest moved up and down at a rapid pace and I could feel the heat radiating off his skin, which was almost glistening under the dull light as he pulled away, allowing a whimper to escape my lips. His lips moved to my neck, sucking tenderly on the skin, I felt every movement, and it felt as if I was paralyzed unable to move as his eyes travelled up to mine for reassurance. His mouth travelled to my collar bone, teeth gently grazing at the skin as he pulled me further down to his level.

This feeling was so completely foreign to me, and yet so, natural. Never in my life had I ever felt like this, no one but Niall had ever made me feel like this, not even Ben.

Ben.

My mind flashed to his innocent face as he let me go to the party, and told me one of his stupid jokes, he let me go, and now I was here kissing Niall.

"Niall." I whispered, my throat was dry as I pulled away, a moan coming from Niall's lips as he tried to pull me back again. "Niall stop." I groaned falling down next to him, as he turned on his side staring at me, pushing a piece of hair that had fallen in front of my face.

"What's wrong?" his voice sounded small, tired, as he continued to stare at me, fascinated by what had just happened.

"Ben." I mumbled, unable to take my eyes off his swollen lips, I wanted nothing more than to carry on kissing him, I had no idea why, I didn't even think before tonight there was any attraction between us, but now, it's like there's a heat that can't be stopped.

"Ben isn't here Sophie." He mumbled leaving a kiss on the corner of my mouth again, lingering for a second before pulling away, but still hovering inches away from my face.

"I'm sorry." Were the only words I could find to say, as his eyes turned from soft to hurt, quickly pulling back. "I am." I added as he nodded, turning around to face the wall.

"Try and get some sleep, it's been a long night, and we've both had a lot to drink." His tone was harsh, and it hurt me as he practically blamed the kiss on intoxication.

"I haven't drunk anything." I whispered copying his actions and laying down, silence fell among us as we lied back to back in the dark room, and Niall's taste still lingering in my mouth, my mind wild with images of what had just happened seconds before.

*NIALLS POV*

"neither had I." I quietly said to myself as I felt Sophie stir in her sleep, I hadn't had a drink tonight, but was completely thrown by what just happened, and yet, wanted nothing more than to turn around and pull her in to my arms, hugging her tightly, and kissing every inch of her.