chapter sixty three

Even Christmas movies were overrated. I had to survive one more day until I was off for two weeks, away from school, from people, away from reality for two whole weeks.

I walked around the classes, passing people in the halls as I searched for Harry, I wasn't sure whether I was on a present giving basis with him, but I had bought him a gift for Christmas, as had I had for Rhiannon, it wasn't anything important, I'd given Rhiannon a book that I loved, although her reaction wasn't what I had hoped, and as for Harry I'd gotten him a book aswell. I thought books were such special, personal gifts, like an insight in to the givers mind on what they reflect.

"Harry!" I called as I caught him stalking down the hall way. He turned around smiling when he saw me. "I got you a present" I mumbled holding out the wrapped book, suddenly feeling stupid and childish, but nonetheless he took the present and smiled warmly at me thanking me.

"I didn't get you anything" He frowned as I shook my head. I didn't expect anything in return, especially from Harry or his friends, I didn't think they were those kind of people, I didn't even expect a present from Niall.

After Harry had walked away the bell rang. I sighed making my way out to lunch sitting on the table waiting for my friends to show up. I piled their presents on to the table, I'd gotten Danielle some makeup she'd hinted, Liam a jumper and Louis a bunch of things I knew he'd like.

But as I was going through my bag of presents I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around expecting to see Niall but was instead greeted with Caitlins scowl, glaring down at me.

"Who did you tell?" She growled, her tone taking me by surprise as I furrowed my eyebrows, she reached out, grabbing my shirt as she pulled me to my feet, proving stronger than I had thought. I shrugged her grip off looking at her angrily.

"Tell what?" I retorted attempting to keep my distance.

"Who did you tell, about Zayn and I at the party" she said slowly and quietly. I hadn't told a soul, not even my brother.

"Why would I tell anyone? You're not that big of a deal you know" I mumbled, instantly regretting it as she widened her eyes pushing me back. I looked around wondering how no one was seeing this or helping.

"Then tell me how people are talking about it? Because I'm up to here with your shit okay Sophie, you're just this stupid slut who thinks that because she's fucked a couple of hundred guys you're one of us, you're not though. You're still a fucking alien that no one wants to touch" she yelled raising her voice as I listened to her hurtful words, taking them in and believing them.

"Whats going on?" Louis walked next to me eyeing Caitlin carefully, she didn't take her eyes off of me as she stared menacingly

"Fucking tell me who you told" She said again raising her eyebrows in an attempt to seem threatening.

"I told you I didn't tell anyone" I said sternly, reiterating my words in hope she'd actually understand. But all hope came crashing down around my feet as she screeched, shoving Louis away from me and repeatedly pushing me backwards until I was shoved up against the brick wall of the school, my back shuddering under the stone.

"Stop being such a fucking fat lying slut" She yelled, her voice no longer a hushed whisper, but a loud threatening yell that caused people to look around, as Louis came back over to us, trying to pry Caitlin off of me. people started to gather around, eager to see a fight that wouldn't happen.

"whats happening?" I looked to my side to see Matthew standing there, pushing past the crowd as he looked at both Caitlin and I angrily.

"Why don't you tell him?" I spat out at Caitlin as she glared at me tightening her grip on my shoulders, forcing my body closer to the wall.