chapter two

“Louis I swear I could have killed him!” I laughed as we sat cross legged on the field opposite each other. Apart from Niall, Louis was my oldest friend, we did everything together.

“So I take it he’s got worse then?” Louis emptied the left overs of the crisps in to his mouth as he spoke, causing me to laugh at the mess that was created.

“Yes oh my god, he was so rude and horrible, and ugh the tattoo’s he’s got are so tacky!” I complained sucking on the cherry lolly I had in my hand. Louis’ laugh suddenly stopped as he looked behind me, I followed his gaze to find Niall standing behind me smirking down at me. My brother stood next to him laughing at the irony of it all.

“Alright Sophie May?” Niall said in a sarcastically cheery voice, still smirking. “Louis haven’t seen you in a while.” He added, Louis was staring at him as if there was a bad smell hanging in the air. Louis just huffed and went to texting on his phone.

“Are you going to be home for dinner tonight Matt?” I asked ignoring Niall as best as I could.

“I don’t know, cover for me if I’m not there.” Matt mumbled, he was such a dick when he was around his ‘friends’.

“Why should i?” I grunted not seeing why I should do anything for my older brother.
Matthew chuckled. “Do it or I’ll tell Ben you got with Louis and I’ll wreck your room?” I sneered at Matthew and his snide blackmail. He knew that Ben was always weary of mine and Louis’ relationship and so always used it against me. Niall looked up from the ground and began laughing, unbearably.

“Wait, wait, wait, Sophie, you’re going out with ben Caplet? Holy shit that’s made my day.” Niall laughed, dramatically falling to his knees beside us, laughing.

“Yes why?!” I snapped angrily as he calmed himself down by taking a gulp of the lemonade can that I was using.

“He’s just a pussy, I mean even for you, he always was a frigid thing.” Niall laughed again, I scowled at him, Ben was my boyfriend and I loved him, sure, he’s not the most sexual guy in the world but neither am I, we suit each other. I sighed ignoring Niall Horan, he was trying to get on my nerves and I wasn’t going to allow it. I turned my back on the boy and set my eyes on the view of the town.

When Niall had made it blatantly obvious he had no intention of leaving, with my brother now seated next to him, munching on the sandwiches I had intended for myself and Louis to eat.

“Come on Louis, let’s leave.” I sighed standing up and taking his hand, pulling him down the hill, blocking out the sounds of Nialls obnoxious laughter from above.

“He really is a dick.” Louis commented as we walked down my wide road, taking in the sun, I agreed silently, although I couldn’t get his laugh out my head, the way that when he laughed, his whole body shook with it, and his eyes crinkled shut, forming lines to appear around his eyes, the way he throws his head back, holding his stomach, it really is- no Sophie stop, he’s a jerk and you know it.

We soon approached my front door and I was happy that this day was almost over.

“Are you coming to the card game tonight? It’s at mine?”

Or so I thought.

“Oh I forgot about that um, yeah I can get my brother to drive me, see you then.” I sighed walking in to the house and closing the door behind me.

“Matt please take me, I’ve had such a bad day.” I frowned standing in the doorway of his room, much like Niall’s had been, it was a complete and utter tip, pizza boxes shoved under his bed, socks on the floor that I was sure would get up and walk at any given second.