chapter ninety seven

"You mean we could leave?" I whispered, trying to get my head around his words as he nodded, pulling me back in to him to dance.

"Yeah" he whispered, swaying slowly to the music. "I have some money, and your brother packed your clothes, everybody thinks we should go." Niall said slowly, twirling me out of his arms before reigning me back in.

"Niall we cant.."

"You said that last time." He mentioned as I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder.

"And look what happened." I sighed. I was torn, actually considering leaving with Niall once and for all, and staying here for good.

"But its different this time." Niall tried to explain. "I'm prepared, we have clothes, accommodations, money and plans." Niall had really planned all of this, he was passionate and determined on doing it. "I cant stay here anymore sophie." He whispered as I pulled away and looked at him seriously. Was he going to leave whether I joined him or not? "I don't belong to this life, and I need to leave."

"You'll leave without me?" I asked, almost powerless as I stared at him.

"Never." He stated. "If you don't leave, then neither will I" He said, a slight frown forming on his face. "We'll live here and get our own house when we're older and live this fantasy life." He sighed. "We'll become members of this country club tonight, and once we are, that's it."

The thought suddenly made me feel ill. In 20 minutes they were going to line all of us juniors up and hand us a badge. Our ticket to this life. No returns accepted. I couldn't do that.

I couldn't take the badge. I couldn't become a member. I couldn't be the lady my mother wanted me to be.

I used to picture myself living with ben, in a big white house like the one I live in now, I pictured the perfect married life, three kids, a stay at home mum, writing novels, Ben coming home of an evening and walking to me, kissing me softly before grinning at the children. I pictured the white picket fence and mowed green lawn.

But now that was my vision of hell.

"We have to leave before the ceremony." I whispered, suddenly looking up at Niall as he widened his eyes, shock coursing through him that I was agreeing. "We have to leave right now don't we?" I asked again as he nodded, pulling me in to his arms and hugging me tightly.

"I promise we'll come back one day, and we'll see your mother, and I'll make sure you see your brother and Louis and all of them as often as you like." He whispered. "Their outside, they were all in on this, helping me, but they refused to let you leave without saying goodbye." He whispered again as I nodded, keeping my face pressed against his chest.

"I promise we're going to have an amazing life. I'm going to look after you, and get you in to school and make sure you have everything you've ever wanted Sophie-may." He said quickly, before stopping when the founder came on stage announcing for all the juniors to start lining up.

Niall glanced at me and grabbed my hand, weaving his way through the crowd, pulling me with him as we left the building.

Just as Niall had promised, Louis and Liam were outside by the car.

I walked over to Liam, hesitating as I stood in front of him. He looked at me with a sad smile before stepping forward and hugging me tightly.

"Thank you." He whispered in to my ear as I furrowed my eyebrow. "You were always there for me, you taught me to be the person I am now." He whispered before pulling away and kissing my cheek. "You have fun."

I smiled weakly before looking to Louis, leaning against Nialls car. I took a timid step towards him as he looked me up and down before sighing as straightening his back.

"So you're leaving?" Louis asked, a sad expression on his face as I stood in front of him nodding slowly. "I'll miss you smudge." He mumbled, grabbing my arms and pulling me in to his as he held me tightly, swaying side to side. I sniffed, and wiped my eyes as I looked up at him with fresh tears forming in my eyes.

"I love you Lou." I whispered as he smiled sadly and nodded.

"I love you too, don't be forgetting about me anytime soon either." He laughed weakly, discreetly wiping his eyes as I shook my head.

"I'll see you soon." I whispered as he nodded as I felt Nialls hand press against my back.

"No wait." I whispered hurriedly as Niall furrowed his eyebrows. "Matthew, I have to say goodbye." I whispered, not giving him time to answer as I darted back inside.

That's why he had been so nice to me earlier. And given me that chat. He knew I was leaving and didn't have the guts to say goodbye.

I ran in and looked around before spotting him lining up to go on to the stage, he was about four people from the front. I ran around the edge of the hall and over to him, throwing my arms around him pushing him back slightly.

"Hey, hey its okay" Matthew whispered rubbing my back. He already knew why I was like this. He had planned it. "I'm gonna drive down soon and see you alright?" He whispered, kissing the top of my head as I nodded, sniffling like a baby. "Just make sure Niall takes care of you and don't worry." He reassured, his hand rubbing soothing circles on my back. "Don't worry about mum, I'll take care of her and everything else."

"Matt I love you" I whispered as he smiled and nodded. As he opened his mouth to speak the speaker on stage called his name.

"Matthew George Winters." He called out as I started to cry harder and hugged him one last time before Matthew climbed up the steps. I walked back to the exit, and stood by the door for a moment. I watched Matthew accept his badge and his life.

I wiped a single tear away before walking outside, leaving my brother behind.

"Ready?" Niall whispered as I finished hugging Liam and Louis again before nodding and turning to Niall.

He smiled and cupped both of my cheeks, pressing his lips against my forehead before opening the car door for me and helping me in. he shut the door behind me and said something to Louis before walking around and getting in the drivers seat.

"Last chance to back out?" He teased quietly, lacing our fingers as he pressed my hand to his lips.

"Never." I whispered as Niall started the car and we drove off. As we started to drive, I looked behind me at Liam and Louis, my brother ran out of the building as we drove away, stopping by Louis and waving his hand furiously as he said goodbye to me.

And that was it. Niall and I drove through the night to our new life. I didn't know what my mother would do, or what I would do once we got there. But I knew I was going to be alright. I had Niall, and as long as I was with Niall I knew in my heart that I would be alright. It's a good life if you work for what you want, I know that you cant stay somewhere where you don't belong; you don't get cats living in water or fish up in the sky, because they don't belong. I didn't belong in the perfect life, and neither did Niall, all our lives we had been cats in water and fish in skies.

Not anymore. Now, now we were free. We were living our life unsaid.

the end of unsaid.

A/N oh gosh guys thats it. i just wanted to say thank you so much for always reading and voting and commenting. honestly reading your comments always makes my day, i love them so much. Some of you have been asking, but im not writing a sequel because it would just drag out really and i dont want to ruin it all ahah. i am going to be starting to write another book soon though which of course is a Niall based one so if you want to get updated on that, follow me and it should send you notifications!(:

thank you all so so much for reading, it means so much to me and i hope you've enjoyed reading(: love you all xo