chapter twenty three

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously as I stared out the window at the passing cars around us. We'd been driving quietly for a while now, and it had gotten to the point of awkwardness as we drove quietly.                                 

A smirk appeared on Nialls face as he checked his rear view mirror, pulling his lip ring between his teeth, squinting against the sunlight.

"There's a pair of glasses in that glove compartment there, would you get them for me?" he asked putting his eyes back on the road.

"Please?" I pushed his manners as he chuckled sarcastically at me.

"Please." he copied sarcastically, as I pulled the pair of ray bans out from the draw, taking them out of their case and shoving them in his outstretched hand. "Thanks." He laughed as he slipped them on, they suited him, a lot, so much so I couldn't pull my stare away from him.

"And it's a surprise, we'll be there soon." He answered my question, we were in the country side for sure, as the vast fields and tree's bordered the main road.

...

A while later Niall pulled in to a dirt track turning off the main road, he got out as I followed, standing next to him as he smiled nervously at me. Niall sighed holding out a hand as I looked at him confused.

"You're supposed to hold it you muppet." He laughed as he grabbed on to my hand swinging it down by the side of him.

We walked along the dirt track for a while, until it ended, opening up on to a large lush green field, lined with tree's and forests beyond the edge of the field. Niall pulled me through the long grass that became increasingly difficult to live my legs through.

"It is much longer?" I groaned as he laughed, tugging me along, he stopped, craning his neck as he looked forward. He shook his head scrunching up his nose as he pushed the sunglasses off his eyes, so they rested on his head.

"Why don't you take your hoodie off?" he asked flicking the flimsy material as I grabbed on to it, securing it over my hair.

"Because I look a mess." I laughed casually as he shook his head, shoving me with his shoulder.

"You don't, though, come on." He answered me pulling the hood off, revealing my greasy hair, as he shook his head nonchalantly. I did look a mess though, usually, id at least wear a bit of eyeliner and mascara on my face, but today, I left the house without any foundation, and greasy hair.

But nonetheless, I left my hood down, following Nialls orders as we came to an old wooden fence, some of the wood chipping away in places, with ease Niall jumped over the fence and began walking again, leaving me to do the same.

The fact that I was wearing tight skinny jeans made it even harder for me to lift my leg over the high fence. I attempted it, stumbling backwards, trying to steady myself.

I tried once more, hoisting myself up on to the unsteady fence, I smiled proudly to myself as I steadied myself on top of the fence, about to swing my leg around to jump off, but as I did, my shoe got stuck in plank, causing me to stumble forward on to the ground in front of me.

"Woah shit." I heard Niall laugh as he approached me, I looked up from the ground glaring at him as he offered a smile, holding his hand out. I took it as he hoisted me back up to his level.

"Thanks for the help." I scoffed, as he smirked catching up to me.

"No problem." He shoved me with his arm as we walked through yet another field. Ahead of us was a large fallen tree, still at least 10, maybe 15 foot in height. It was hollow, with many branches coming out of it, if I were younger, I would have found it as the perfect climbing tree and hideout.