Chapter 9

ZEPH could not believe he was exerting that much effort to stop himself from pulling the woman near and shut her up by kissing her. Not that he was not enjoying all the things she had been saying—he enjoyed listening to her, very much so, as a matter of fact, yet the urge to kiss her was so strong he had to stop staring at her lips.

He wondered what the hell was the matter with him. The woman spoke with her mouth full, for crying out loud! But he found it cute, somehow.

He didn't even know what made him change his mind about firing her. He guessed it was her being ballsy. He had never met anyone like her before. Wala pa ni isang babae ang naglakas-loob na magsalita sa kanya nang ganoon kailanman. Hindi lamang babae, maging lalaki. Bukod na lamang marahil sa kanyang mga magulang at lolo at lola.

Something told him she would react violently if he kissed her. Or she would shy away from him. Or he would not like what was going to happen. So there he was, restraining that urge.

It was unbelievable.

But what a refreshing change this woman was. Walang pretensions ito, napaka-naïve. Uso pa pala ang ganoong uri ng naivete sa panahon ngayon. He wondered if it was for real. Something was telling him it was, but he knew he couldn't know for sure.

Oh, he was a hundred percent sure one of these days, something nice was going to happen to them. He sort of liked this new thing—him working out a complex plan to have her. It was a first for him. Ever since he could remember, girls had been offering themselves to him. So this was something nice, something he ought to try for a change.

Totoong nabigla siya sa sinabi nitong nababastusan daw ito sa mga sinasabi niya. Aaminin niyang parang napahiya pa siya noon. And it angered him at first. Who was this woman who made him feel small? Did she know who he was? But then he realized it was nice to have someone to tell him he was out of line. And it amused him it was someone like her.

Nakumbinsi siya nito na hindi tamang paalisin na lamang niya ito bigla bago iyon. For he found her cute. Hindi nagawang itago ng uniform nito ang ganda nito. Lalong hindi nagawang ikubli ng unipormeng iyon ang hugis ng katawan nito. She was stacked.

Kaya kahit nahampas siya nito ay pinagbigyan pa rin niya ito. Kung malalaman lang iyon ng marami, tiyak na ikapagtataka ng mga ito.

He wondered what she thought about seeing him in action. Sa tuwing maaalala niya ang reaksiyon nito ay hindi niya mapigilang matawa. Just because she saw a woman handcuffed to the bedpost, she immediately thought she was being molested. Ni hindi sumagi sa isip nitong ang babae mismo ang may gusto niyon. They were doing a role-playing game and ended up in one of the suites on the floor. Itinawag kaagad niya iyon sa front desk, subalit nagkaroon ng aberya kaya nauwi sa ganoon.

It was not that he was in the habit of handcuffing women; of course not. It was just that that particular one came to him with a handcuff and asked him to be his "prisoner." What could a man do but grant the woman's wish? He thought it was rather cute, until a hard object hit his head.

But he saw it as a good thing, all in all, for he met this lady.

He looked at her. Prenteng nakaupo ito sa puwesto nito at nagbubuklat ng isang pahayagan. It was a tabloid. Ang lahat ng uri ng diyaryo ay mayroon siya araw-araw.

Napapailing na pumapalatak ito habang nagbabasa.

Labis na naman siyang naaliw rito. He couldn't help but ask, "What's up?"

"Ha?"

"Bakit tsk-tsk-tsk?"

"Iyong paborito kong artista, may boyfriend daw na may asawa." Pumalatak uli ito kasabay ng pag-iling.

He roared with laughter. Oh, he liked this girl. He liked her so damn much. He wondered how she was like as a bed partner. He would find out sooner or later... for sure.