Thirty-Seven | Worry

Gray

Gray

Worry

♤♤♤

"Where the fuck did those guns go then?!" I yell at Tom who was standing in front of my desk, fiddling with his hands nervously.

Tom was one of my men who handled the gun shipments. And apparantly Tom here, lost all the guns he was supposed to deliver.

"I-I don't know, sir." He stutters.

I don't have time for this.

"Just get out of my sight." I say, making him scurry his way out of my office.

I ran my fingers through my hair, taking a deep breath.

It's been a week since I've heard of Isabella. A week since the Panthers seemed to have gone into hiding, it seems.

I can't help but think that something bad had happened to them. To her. Te American Mafia would not go into hiding unless something happened.

Are they in debt? Were they attacked? Are they on a mission? I have this bad feeling that tells me that something bad really happened to them.

Ring. Ring.

My phone vibrated as someone called. I glanced towards it and read the caller's name before answering.

Enzo.

"Si?" I ask, wondering why he would call me. As the gang's underboss, he never really contacted me unless it was about the mafia.

"I'm sending you back to New York." He says arrogantly.

"If you're going to ask me for something at least have some manners while doing so." I say, as I heard him making an exaggerated sigh.

"And there you go again with your lectures." I can sense him rolling his eyes on the other side of the call.

Enzo and I have known each other ever since he joined the mafia. As I was trained into becoming one of the mafia's Capos he, on the other hand, was trained into becoming the mafia's underboss, and is still being molded to take over the mafia some day.

"What do you want?" I ask him with a bored tone.

"Like I said, I need you back in New York."

"And who are you to order me?" I ask.

"I am the Underboss and Adriano's biological Son. And you, on the other hand, are merely a Capo." Ah, his trump card: being the Don's son.

I let out a sigh of defeat. "Why are you sending me back to New York?"