Thirty-Three | Invitation

Edited 12/27/19______

Edited 12/27/19
______

Gray

Invitation

♤♤♤

I was walking down the long hallways of my villa, heading towards my office. With both my hands in my pockets, I whistled a random tune.

Out of nowhere, someone jumped at me from the back. They placed their petite arms around my shoulder, pulling me down and ruffling my hair.

"What the fu--" I trail off. I tilted my head upwards and took a look at my captor.

"What kind of greeting is that, big bro?" Serena says with a loud laugh, making me groan in annoyance.

I got out of her hold and stood up straight as I fixed my messy hair, all thanks to Serena. "Do you know how long it takes for my hair to look this neat?"

"Yeah, yeah, mister perfect. No wonder you take so long to get ready in the morning." She sarcastically replies.

 "What do you want, Serena?" I asked, looking at her.

"An invitation just arrived." She informs making me raise my brow. "And before you complain, yes, your presence as one of the Venetian's Capo is needed." She adds.

I sigh. "Invitation for what?" I asked wondering what this big event could be that it greatly requires my presence as one of the Venetian's Capo.

"The Grand Masquerade, what else?" She says

"Ah, that event. I'll be there, don't worry. Besides, the Venetians need announce our alliance with the Brazilians in the Masquerade." I assure Serena. A few moths ago, The Venetians, my mafia, has signed alliance with The Brazilians. Everything is all set up, the only thing left to do is to announce it in The Grand Masquerade, officially. 

According to tradition, the gang member with the highest position who is present in the masquerade will be the one to announce the alliance. So in this case, I will be the one to announce it.

"Who else will be there?" I ask.

"I heard the The Don's son would come." Then that would mean--"Although he wouldn't be there to make an appearance, that part's up to you." she adds.

"So, I will still be the one in the spotlight?" I ask her.

"Yep." I answered hoping she would go and leave me alone in peace as I walk towards my office. But it seems like she has other plans.

"What else do you need?" I whine.

"I was wondering if you would like to come with me to the boutique?" She asks with a pout. Desperately wanting me to say yes.

"And why would I do that?" I questioned. Of course I would say yes, but where's the fun if I simply answer?

"Because I'll owe you one."

"And?"

"I'll do one thing you'll ask. ONE THING."

"Fine." I agreed making her engulf me in a tight hug.

"Let's go, big bro." She says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to who knows where.

***

I sat on one of the boutique's couches, bored. I already picked the suit I will wear. The only thing I'm waiting for is Serena. 

We've been here for what? Two hours. Two fucking hours and she still hasn't picked a gown. I mean---how difficult can that be?

The door to the dressing room Serena's in, opens. And out comes Serena wearing an emerald green gown. It was a v-neck, long gown with spaghetti straps. It's an okay dress but I don't think it's for Serena. Her brown skin does not quite match with the dress.

"Green does not go well with you." I snort in laughter, making her huff in annoyance before going back in the room.

After a while she came out once again. But this time she was wearing a puffy, royal blue, off-shoulder ball gown. The lace sleeves covered her arm and sequins were on her torso, giving the gown a sparkle. The only problem is it's too puffy.

"How do you plan to move in.......that?" I comment making her thrown her arms in the air exasperatedly. She goes back to the room, stomping.

My eyes go wide the moment she exits the room with a revealing a blood red dress. The red satin dress had a plunging spaghetti strap and had a slit that reached up to her hips.

Does she plan to go to a strip club?

I grabbed a cushion from the other couch beside me and threw it at her, hitting her straight in the face.

"GO BACK! GO BACK!" I yelled at her, making her rush back into the room.

Geez, who thought gown shopping with a girl would be this stressful?

After the nth gown, Serena came out of the dressing room wearing a gorgeous peach colored gown. It was a strapless and backless gown with a silky material. It was revealing enough amount of skin. Not much, not less.

"I like that one." I say making a smile appear on her face.

"Thank you! I like this one too." She says before turning towards one of the shop managers. "We'll get this one, miss." She said.

She returned back to the room to take off the gown. After a while she got out and gave the dress to the manager. I stood up and walked towards Serena.

"Finally. I felt like I was gonna die of boredom." I rolled my eyes.

She scoffed in annoyance. "What? I only took like--" She glanced at her watch, her eyes turned wide. "--two hours."

"Yeah right." I chuckled.

We took the things we bought and headed back to the villa.

***

So, Do you like this chapter? What do y'all think? How do you think Gray will react if he found out about what happened with Bella and The Panthers'?

Important Question. What color would you guys like for Bella's gown?

Here is a picture of the gown Serena bought:

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

xoxo,
Ara