Thirty-One | Innocent

Edited 12/27/19_____

Edited 12/27/19
_____

River Carson

Innocent

6 years ago...

"Please! Spare her life!" The older girl cries, struggling due to the ropes that was tied around her.

"Shut up, kid."My father shushes her up, threatening to shoot the girl.

Despite the threat, she continued to cry and let out loud sobs watching-who I assume-is her little sister, that mom tightly holds.

Bruises and scratches covered her body, which she got from the non-stop torture sessions my merciless parents put her through.

This is it. The day mom and dad were talking about. Our inititation-they would call it.

A debut for me and my sister as criminals. As killers.

I tried to convince them to dispose of the idea but it seems that we still need to go through this initiation in order to prove our loyalty.

We are of their blood. Isn't that enough proof of our loyalty? Do they really need to put innocent lives on the line?

I know that these two hostages never did anything wrong against our parents, our against us, for the matter.

"Now, son." Mom starts, facing me. My body was trembling as I hid Raelynn behind me, shielding her from our parents.

"Don't be too scared, kids. You two are Carsons. A Carson is merciless and should be feared." Dad said in a low voice.

"Please, let her go!" The older girl screams again, making dad abruptly turn and shoot her in the arm. Raelynn and I flinch and jump at the sound.

"Now, son. What did I tell you before?" Dad asks.

"An eye f-for an e-eye." I stutter. Remembering the words he always says. He believes that one's life must be ended to save another. And in this case, the little girl must be killed for Raelynn to continue living.

"Yes. So in order to save your sister's life, you must kill this girl that your mother is holding." Dad says, pointing at the little girl. I was right. I'd have to kill this girl so that I can save my sister.

"Y-you don't need to do this, b-brother." Raelynn says, her voice cracking.

I don't have a choice. It's between the blood of an innocent and the blood of a family. And unfortunately, I'd be the one to choose whose blood will be spilled.

"I need to." I says, before cocking the gun in my hand.

"Please. Don't." The older sister begs, though only I heard her.

"What are you waiting for, son?" Dad asks with a sharp tone.

"I-" I stutter. "I won't do it." I finally say, lowering my gun.

The only blood that will be spilled tonight are of my parents'. Not of these innocent girls nor of my sister's.

If anyone's dying tonight, it's mom and dad.

Dad's face turn into anger. "Like hell you won't!"

He suddenly grabs a hold of my hand and presses the trigger. Shooting the little girl straight on her chest.

The girl drops on the floor with a loud thud. Bright red blood seeping out of her chest, flowing like a river.

The older girl loudly sobs at the sight of her lifeless sister. Her sibling who was among the countless victims this family has murdered.

I pant, still trembling as my dad let go of my hand-which was still holding the gun.

For a while it went quiet, no one dared to talk.

An eye for an eye.

I suddenly turned around and aimed the gun at my father. I breathe deeply before pulling the trigger.

He drops to the floor as mom quickly rushes to his side to help him. I dropped the gun before grabbing Raelynn's hand and dragging her out of that alleyway.

"Get in!" I yell to Raelynn as I climbed the driver seat of our parent's car.

~~~

Present Day.

"And that night, I thought Raelynn and I could finally start a new life." I mutter, trying my best to not cry in front of Bailey.

"But everything ended up in chaos. Mom and Dad chased us with another car. So I had nothing else to do but to shoot back at them."

"I grabbed the gun under my chair and shot their tyres. I only wanted to stop their car but they ended up falling down a cliff and onto their death."

"Raelynn and I hit a lightpost by the edge of the road and I passed out. When I woke up, Raelynn was gone. So I assumed that she was taken. But slowly over time, I started to believe that she somehow died."

"And now she shows up, alive and well." I raise my arms in frustration.

"And the worst part is, she is with the Sicilian Mafia Don who also happens to be the bad guy." I finish, taking a deep breath after my long rant.

Bailey was sitting on her bed, with tears dropping on her cheeks. She wipes them off before raising her arms to hug me.

"You've been through a lot River, but don't ever blame yourself for everything that's happened." She whispers in my ear before letting go.

"You did not kill Kiara. You were not the one who pulled the trigger of the gun that killed Keira's sister. If anything, you were only holding the gun, your father was the one responsible for her death."

"Yeah, but my parent's died because I shot them. At that scenario, I was the one that pulled the trigger, Bailey." I explain.

"Yes, you did. But you didn't mean for them to die." Bailey reminds

"So stop blaming yourself, River. You're not a bad person."

>>><<<

Y'all second chapter for the day!!!

Oh and follow my social media for quick updates, facts, infos, q and a's, and other stufffff.

Third chap will be out in a few hours.

Thoughts?

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

xoxo,
Ara