Fifty-Five | Before Chaos

Bella Ryan | Isabella Moretti

____

Before Chaos

♤♤♤

I sat on a tall wooden chair, observing my own reflection on the vanity mirror as one of the maids continue to fix my hair into a bun. Two lone strands of curled hair framed both sides of my face. Another girl pressed a fluffy brush onto my face, probably removing any excess powder.

"Does it look okay, Miss Bella?" Christa, the gurk who is currently doing my make-up, asked.

"Yes, I love it actually." I say with a small smile.

"That's good to hear!" She beamed at me, before she started to clean up her work place.

"How are we doing there, Aleena?" I ask the woman who was fiddling with my hair.

"Nearly done, Miss."

I was about to respond when the door to my right creaked open, revealing Liliana's head poking from outside the room. "Dear? Are you finished?" She asked.

"Nearly, Mama. Just a few finishing touches left." I replied.

"I see, someone is waiting for you in the lounge." She finished before closing the door shut.

Was Gray already here?

"That's probably your date, Miss Bella!" Christa said, her voice laced with excitement. From behind me I heard Aleena giggle, sharing the same cheerful expression as Christa.

"Probably," I crack a small smile. "And call me Bella. Adding miss is too uptight."

"Oh no! You are one of our bosses so it's only fair that we do so!" Christa sheepishly asked.

"Alright then."

Christa beams at me as Aleena kept a small smile on her face, shaking her head at Christa's personality.

"I'm sure your date will be starstruck when he sees you, Miss Bella." Christa assures.

I chuckled. "Ah hush, you're flattering me."

If anything, it's going to be the other way around.

"It's true, though. You're a very beautiful woman, Miss Bella." Aleena added.

"Thank you." I said, my cheeks slighly flushing embarassment.

Christa giggles. "It's rare to see you blush in embarassment."

"All done!" Aleena cheered. 

Once again, I found myself staring at myself. Who could've thought a scrawny kid who used to climb trees with her brother a few years ago would end up as a murderer?