Bonus Chapter | Misunderstanding

A/n: The events in this chapter happen shortly after chapters 31 & 32. This is an important part of the story that I failed to write about (I'm a messy writer haha) but anyways, happy reading!

 This is an important part of the story that I failed to write about (I'm a messy writer haha) but anyways, happy reading!

River Carson

———

Misunderstanding

♤♤♤

"You did not kill Kiara. You were not the one who pulled the trigger of the gun that killed Keira's sister. If anything, you were only holding the gun, your father was the one responsible for her death."

"Yeah, but my parent's died because I shot them. At that scenario, I was the one that pulled the trigger, Bailey." I explain.

"Yes, you did. But you didn't mean for them to die." Bailey reminds.

"So stop blaming yourself, River. You're not a bad person."

"Still, I could've done something to prevent everything that happened." I say. "If only I did more, Keira's sister could still be alive, my sister and I wouldn't have been separated. In the end my father got what he wanted."

"I've old you already, River, and I'm gonna keep repeating it to you until you understand that what happened was not your fault. What happened was beyond your control. Nevertheless, everything that happened in the past is the reason why our lives are like this in the present. Kiara may not be here with us and everything may still not be solved but I believe in the end, everything will turn out for the better."

I sighed. "I hope so,"

Bailey let out a smile. "So cheer up will you? Let's visit Bella in the infirmary la—"

Before Bailey was able to finish, the door to her room abruptly opened, revealing Keira's figure, her face damp with tears as her eyes hold an emotion of anger and sadness.

"You," she muttered, meeting my gaze.

"You killed my sister." She started to walk towards me.

Bailey immediately stood up from her bed, blocking Keira's path and standing between us.

"Keira, please calm down. We can talk about it calmly." Bailey asks, slowly walking towards Keira.

Keira scoffed, staring at Bailey in disbelief. "Calm down? I just found out he—" she pointed towards me, her gaze remains at Bailey. "—killed my sister."

"My sister! She's my only family, Bailey! That kid you're so close with killed her!" Keira cried as her tears started to fall again.

"River's innocent, Keira. Please listen to me." Bailey begged and clasped Keira's hands with hers as she looked at her straight in the eyes.