Eight | Meeting

Edited 11/26/19

Edited 11/26/19

Bella Ryan
__________

Meeting

After Bailey —who I found out was Lucas' younger sister— stitched up my wound, I head over to the kid whom I rescued from The Falcons. All while Lucas was called to his office and Bailey had started cleaning up her medicine kit.

"So, kid. Mind telling me your name?" I ask, sitting on the arm of the couch he was sitting on.

"River. River Carson." He said, looking up to me.

"River, huh. Nice name." I chuckled before holding out my hand towards him to shake.

"My name's Bella Ryan." I introduce, as he shaked my hand.

"Why were you locked up?" I asked, as he tensed in his seat.

"It's okay if you don't an--" I add as he cuts in before I can continue.

"It's okay." He says before continuing.

"My parents were part of a gang--I don't remember which gang, but it's one of the most powerful ones. After they found out that I have a hidden talent for computers, they trained me. Used me as a leverage for themselves until they themselves can overpower the gang they used to work for."

"My sister--Raelynn--on the other hand, did not want to be part of any of it, we both didn't. But despite that, we were trained against our own will. She was forced to study explosives. And would usually create her own creation of a bomb."

"Until one day, our parents did something we never thought they would. They murdered a child, an 8-year old girl, infront of both our eyes."

"They said it was our debut as their children. A debut as murderers. So, my sister and I tried to escape. A car chase happened, gunshots were fired. And Raelynn was shot."

"I fired back to my parents' car, a bullet hitting their tires eventually making them drift amd fall down a huge cliff."

"Our car crashed into a post, I lost consciousness. I woke up in a hospital room, all alone. And as of this day, I have no idea where my sister is." He says, a single tear escaping his eye.

"I did not have a place to go home. I wandered the streets, took 'part-time' jobs in different gangs and groups as a hacker in order to earn money. And that was until one of those gangs found out that I am the son of my parents. That I am the son of the the bosses of the gang they once hated the most."

"I tried to not to be found but the Falcons caught me. They thought I can be of great use. The Falcons' hacker." He let out a breath as he finished.

I patted his shoulder. "You've been through a lot, River. Your sister will be proud of you." I smiled as he turned to meet my gaze.

"Thanks." He mutters just as a voice picked up on the intercom.