Fourty | Vacation

Isabella Moretti | Bella Ryan___

___

Vacation

***

It has been two weeks since Jace and I arrived here in Rome. So far our stay was meeting my expectations. Like Gray had suggested, I came along with Jace and took a well-deserved vacation while the guy continued with his treatments. Damn the vacation is indeed what I needed, why didn't I think of this earlier? I might have to thank Gray for suggesting the idea.

As for Jace's condition, he's slowly making progress. Bits of his memories are coming back slowly. I guess he'll take his time. We're not in a rush anyway.

I, on the other hand, am spending my time training some of the academy's students. Helping Fernandez mold them into the best they could be.

Currently we were in the academy's backyard, where the lessons Fernandez taught usually took place. There's two places to choose from, really. It's either here out in the open or inside the building. Fernandez prefers being outside, and to be honest, I do too. There's just something refreshing about the air when it kisses my skin as beads of sweat trickled down on it.

I faced the girl who was a few feet away from me, waiting for what I'm about to say. If my memory serves me right, her name is Faye. Fernandez had asked me to sparr with one of his students and fortunately for this girl, she was my chosen one. She should be honored that she gets to sparr with Red. Only a few people gets this chance.

"Remember kid, sparring with me is a once in a lifetime experience so make it a memorable one. Come at me with all you got." I told the kid, a playful smile plastered on my face.

It was not long until the girl broke off into a sprint, running towards my direction. She lifted her leg as she threw a roundhouse kick towards my neck, targetting one of my pressure points. Without hesitating, I quickly dropped to my knees as I dodged her attack.

"Good. Pressure points are good targets if you want an easy victory." I commented, clearly proud of the move the girl decided to do.

As soon as I rise to my feet, Faye threw me a fist. Instinctively, I raised my hands as I blocked her punch.

"Quick but not quick enough."

I've delivered on my defense properly, I don't think I'll start my attacks just yet. Now, she's my opponent but that doesn't change the fact that she's my student. I won't give her a proper fight until I can make sure that she's capable enough to defend herself properly.

She launched a series of attacks. Throwing punches and kicks simultaneously. With every strike I dodged, with every kick I blocked. She threw her other fist, aiming for an uppercut on my jaw.

Wanting to finish the fight, I caught her approaching fist, twisting it and placing it behind her back.

"That was fun." I say with a chuckle before letting go of her hand. Faye glanced up at me, a look of admiration crossing her features.