Seventeen | Distracted

Edited 12/02/19

Edited 12/02/19

Gray
_____

Distracted

I punch him as hard as I can, hoping that it'll leave a scratch.

He laughs wickedly. "Is that all you got?!" He yells before kicking me in the gut, making me spit out blood.

"You're weak." He punches me yet again.

Weak? I only wanted what's best for my mother.

"Pathetic." And again.

I only wanted to protect her from all this pain.

"Useless." And again.

I only wanted to protect her from her husband. My father.

"And you do not deserve to be called my son!" He shouts. That was the last straw. I caught his hand and twisted it in a strange way.

"Fuck!" He yells out of pain.

"No Richard, you do not and will never deserve to be called my father."

***

She's changed. That's the first thing I noticed. She has changed a lot.

She's not the same shy and weak girl she was before. Now she was powerful and brave. I like it.

The shyness she once displayed was now replaced by an aura of confidence—strong enough to even scare people away.

I can't help but think about that girl who used to be my Isa, was now known as Red.

But as I suspected she forgot who I was. Or I just looked very different from how I looked before.

So that's what I'm focusing on now.

To accompish my mission. To not get distracted. And lastly, to not get attached.

All these thoughts that crossed my mind were interrupted by the sudden blare of my ringtone. I once again look at the caller ID.

Adriano M.

I press accept. "Si, boss?" I ask him.

"Were you able to take Bella from the Sicilian's?" He asks me.

"Si, boss. She's currently here in the villa. I'm taking her back to New York tommorrow." I inform him. He is, after all, my boss.

"Hold that order." He immediately says. "I need Bella to stay with you for a while. She needs to fully recover from her wounds first. Besides, I've heard that the Panther's are currently in an unstable state as we speak." He informs me.

"The wounds, I get, yes. But what do you mean unstable?" I repeat.

"Unstable, as in 'in trouble'. They just basically announced war with the Sicilians. Kingston ordered an attack on the Sicilian's headquarters in America."

"Bella would be much safer under your roof, son." He informs me yet again.

"Alright sir, I'll get her on rest and keep an eye on her on watch until the Panthers are back to their normal state." I say before he ends the call.

Well, I guess not getting distracted by her would be much harder than I thought it would be.

...

"Change of plans, Bella. I will not be taking you back to New York." I inform her, making her suddenly stand from the couch and turn towards me with her eyes wide.

"What?!? What am I supposed to do now?" She huffs out, plopping back on her seat.

"Be your prisoner and rot? No fucking way." She threatens.

"Listen, Isabella. It's for your safety. Tha Panther's are currently in war, basically."

"Exactly. I need to be there and come help them." I roll my eyes at him.

"No, Isabella. Let them handle their own problems." I tell her.

"I am part of that gang, Gray! It is my responsibility." She sneers, glaring daggers at me.

"And you are my responsibility, Bella. You are not going until your wounds are healed and all their problems are sorted."

Bella sighs in defeat. "What am I going to do now." She mutters.

"Easy, you come with me and I'll give you an insight on the Sicilian's. And maybe.....we can enhance your training." I smirk at her.

She seems to be comtemplating for a while before she answers: "Fine."

"But don't think my training needs enhancement." She says. "I'm pretty sure I'm better than you in combat." She proudly says.

Little does she know...

"You're good I guess. The training that Combatterre L'Academia gives is quite spectacular." I tell her as her eyes go wide.

She eyes me. "Who exactly are you?" She says making me let out a dry chuckle.

"Someone who can make you beg for mercy."

>>><<<

New chaptttt yallll! And we've hit 18.2k reads!!! How amazing is that???

Thoughts on this chapter?

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

Anyways, that's all for thiss chapter!

'Till next time!

Xoxo,
Ara