Forty-Nine | Cyanide

Isabella Moretti | Bella Ryan

Cyanide

♤♤♤

I enter the place with my head held high. My eyes scan the area, roaming each table until I found the person I was looking for. Sat in his own table was, of course, Cairo Cervantes. Who else would I be looking for?

A few tables near him was Gray and his 'friend', whose name I still don't know, may I add. I trudge towards them, taking a seat by Gray's right. His friend waa seaten on his left.

"Morning, boys." I greet, giving them a small smile.

"Befriending your enemy, I see." Gray's friend comments.

"I managed to corner the suspicious guy yesterday, when I left you after we danced." Gray informs, making my cheeks slightly heat up at the mention of our dance.

"Where is he now?" I ask. Surely Gray won't let him escape, right?

He let out a breath. "I lost him. Turns out he's much more skilled than I thought."

I simply nodded. The said guy should obviously not be underestimated.

"He's with the Sicilians and he's after two people. Cervantes and......" Gray trails off.

"And who?"

"You."

"Fuck, what does Bianchi want with me again?"

"Again? Has he done something to you before?" Gray's friend asked.

"Let's just say he brought me to his place without asking me permission." I reply.

"So basically he kidnapped you." He deadpanned.

I nodded. "You know," I start, placing my head on my right palm and propping my elbow onto the table. "I feel like I've seen you before."

The two of them suddenly freezed on their seats. Did I say something wrong?

Gray's friend coughed. "I probably have one of those faces." He shrugged.

"Okay then, I believe you already are aware of my other identity." I say, referring to my assassin name: Red. I stretched out a hand towards him. "My name's Bella Ryan."

"I must say, I feel honored knowing Red's real name."

"Oh hush, you're acquainted with this guy so that must mean something." I nudged my head towards Gray, who was silently watching and listening to our conversation.

"A pleasure to meet you, Bella. I'm Lor—"

"Lawrence De Luca." Gray cuts him off.

"As I was saying, I'm Lawrence De Luca." He finally shakes my hand with his. Thank fuck, my hand was starting to fall asleep.