Twenty-Two | In The Flesh

Edited 12/23/19______

Edited 12/23/19
______

Bella Ryan

"Welcome back, Moretti." I say to myself as I opened the double doors to my house.

It's been a while since I've been here. Ever since I accepted Lucas' offer of being an ally to The Panthers, I stayed at the gang's headquarters. Luckily, all of my stuff is still the same as it was before I left.

My house is much bigger than an average house, but not as big as an average mansion. If you looked at it from the outside, you'd never guess that I only live by myself. And no, ever since I bought this house, no enemy has ever tracked me back here and found out that I am the owner of this property.

Gray and I decided that I'd be dropped off at my house instead of The Panther's HQ. Just to avoid suspicions and other problems. And as of now, I am on my motorcycle and am on my way to The Panthers.

I turn left down the road and spot the warehouse of Lucas' Gang. I was stopped in front of the gates by a guard. "Name?" The guard lazily asks.

Lucas should really hire another guard. This one seems like he hates his job. "Red." I reply, making him snap his attention towards me.

His eyes squint as if making sure if it was really me. I sigh before opening my helmet's visor and revealing my face. "You believe me now?" I roll my eyes.

"What...?" He asks out of confusion.

"Would you let me in?" I ask once again. "Or do you want me to blow off your head first?" With that he immediately scrambles to open up the gates. Idiot.

"Next time, try to look motivated in doing your job, hmm? Lucas might think you're slacking off, and he hates that." I say before driving off towards the parking lot. I park my motorcycle at my usual spot before jumping off of it.

I gracefully removed my helmet making my hair fall into waves behind my back. I carry the helmet and headed into the warehouse.

"Miss.....Bella?" A maid asks me, her face full of confusion. She must be wondering why I popped out of nowhere all of a sudden.

"In the flesh." I chuckled. That's when I fully scanned the place. There were no high-ranked gang members in sight, only the maids and a few gang members are here. "Where is everyone?" I ask her.

"Oh, umm. They're having a meeting in the conference room." She answers sheepishly. "Put this in my room." I ask her before giving her my helmet.

"Yes, miss." She answers politely.

"Thank you." I say before heading towards the conference room.

I stand outside the door and took a deep breath before opening the door.

And like I thought everything's a mess, like a tornado ran over everything and everyone.

My partner Jace looked awful. He was slumped on his chair and his hair was ruffled and was a mess. Dark bags under his eyes. If Jace looks terrible Lucas' situation is even worse. Much much worse. His dark circles were visible as if he hadn't slept for weeks. His hair is worse than Jace's. And...is his shirt backwards?