Thirty-Two | Her Past

Edited 12/26/19_____

Edited 12/26/19
_____

Bella Ryan

Her Past

I sigh, knowing that Lucas won't stop bugging me until he finally gets his most awaited explanation from me. "What do you want to know?" I ask, hesitating.

"Everything. Everything you can and will tell me, at least." He starts.

"Okay." I say, hesitating. Lucas silently sat at the side of my bed, waiting for me to talk.

"Like you, Dominic did something to my family that made me loathe him. We were peacefully living in our home in Italy. Me, my mom and my brother, Lorenzo." I say, focusing my gaze on my hands.

"One day, his men broke into our house. And--" I paused, as my eyes welled up with tears. Lucas reached my hand and held it. He squeezed it tightly, assuring me that it's going to be okay.

"It's going to be okay, Bella. I'm here."

"My mom made me hide in my room so she can go back down and find my brother. But that's the thing, Lucas. They never came back. Their bodies were never found so everyone just assumed that they were dead." I say, but this time my tears finally escaped my eyes and fell down on my cheeks.

"When the rescuers found me, I was trembling in fear. And as we left our house, I saw all the blood--that could possibly belong to my family. Since that day, my life was never the same. They never found the bodies, I was thrown into foster-care. Hell, I even became a celebrity in the news." I let out a harsh laugh.

"They called me 'The Survivor of the Venetian Massacre'. I was the talk of the year!" I scoffed. "But I was thankful I was given another chance. I got adopted by the founders of Combattere L'Academia: Europe's assassin academy. They trained me, helped me so I can get my revenge against the Sicilians."

"And I changed my name to Bella Ryan...that was once--"

"Isabella Moretti." He cuts me off.

"I understand now." He says quietly making me nod. "Hey, don't cry." He reached up and wiped the tears off my cheeks. He silently moved beside me and engulfed me in a hug.

"I need to ask you something." I start, facing him once again. "Back in the drug lab, that mission where it was just the two of us. Why did you kiss me?" I asked.

To be honest, now that we got to spend some time apart, that feeling that I felt towards Lucas became clear. Yes, for sometime I thought that I liked him. But I was so wrong. I realized that I was simple longing for the love of a sibling--for the love of a brother, a love that I once had when I was a kid. And I guess I saw that in Lucas. After all, I spent most of my time with him when I was first recruited in the Panthers.

"I didn't know why I did it, but people kept saying it was because of the adrenaline rush. And I believe it was. At that time, before we left, Keira just got back from a mission that was a year long. I missed her so fucking much. And I guess I panicked and I didn't know what to do when we were cornered but somehow I found myself kissing you. I'm sorry." He apologized. And I completely understood him. The both of us were simply longing for a loved one.

"Apology accepted." I smile. 

"And I'm sorry, too. I kissed you back knowing that you have a girlfriend. Besides my feelings for you are all cleared now." I told him.

"And those feelings are?" He asked, urging me to continue.

"That I see you as an older brother." I gave him a smile.

"Really? Should I call you Lil' sis now?" He teases, ruffling up my hair making me glare at him.

"Whatever you want, Kingston." I roll my eyes.

"So, just to clarify, I don't like you and you don't like me back. Romantically." I asked him once again, raising an eyebrow. He let out a laugh.

"Nah. Why would I like someone like you?" He raised his brow.

"Idiot." I rolled my eyes again for the nth time.

"But that's good to hear. I don't want to be the reason why you and Keira end your relationship. Besides I don't want any drama involving any love triangle shit. You've been together for what? Four years? And I can see that Keira really loves you and so do you. You love her back." I say.

"I don't know what's taking you so long that you two are still not engaged."

He chuckled. "Soon."

"So, truce?" He asked.

"Truce."

"Will you tell me who Gray is?" He questioned in a teasing tone.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, isn't it my job to play as your overprotective brother that you see me as?" He says with a smirk.

"Fine! Let's just say he was the one who saved me from the Sicilians. He's from the Venetian mafia, by the way."

"I see, the Venetians' are the Sicilians' number one enemy after all. I mean, they're fighting over Italy." He shrugged.

"Yeah, Gray is a good friend." I told Lucas.

He immediately wiggled his brows. "Friends huh?"

"Whatever, Kingston. I need to visit Jace." I told him, stepping off my bed. Lucas made me sit on a wheelchair since he was not letting me out of my room unless I do so. He kept nagging me and told me that he needs to be a good brother. Stupid idiot, he's really not letting go of my 'I see you as a brother' confession.

But I guess it's good that the old, quirky Lucas is back. 

***

DADADADADADADADA CIRCUS! DADADADADADA AFRO! (okay this is weird. I should stay away from coffee for a while)

Yippieeee! I know you guys have been dying for another update so here it is! I was kinda' busy of some stuff soooo. 

And YES  there IS a chance for the #GRELLA shippers out there. Who knows, maybe the two of them will end up together. Or maybe I decide to be an evil author and make one of them die or something. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA---*chokes*

So, #LEIRA (Lucas and Keira) ship has set sail. I REPEAT THEIR SHIP HAS SET SAIL!!! 

And to those who ship Lucas and Bella. I am sorry, they really aren't meant for each other. They are good friends, though. (Please don't hunt me down hehe)

But seriously, let's talk about the fact that this chapter sucks because I am not good at these type of things. And I am CRINGINGGGGGG.

Oh and I just published A NEW BOOK and I was hoping you guys would give it a shot. The title is 'The Last Light' and will be on my profile. Thank You!

And for my fellow filipinos out there! I will also publish a tag-lish book in a few hours so stay tuned!

(Woah this a/n is too freaking long haha)

Thoughts?

VOTE | COMMMENT | SHARE

xoxo,
Ara