When The Battle Is Over?

Victoria checked the time on her phone which read 9:30 and looked at the door.

"She should have been here by now," she mumbled to herself as she got out of bed. Victoria was waiting for Gaby to burst into the room singing her good morning like she did every morning, but today she was running late. Grabbing her 'old lady stick' Victoria slid out of bed and went about her normal routine, when she checked the time again and Gaby still hadn't come in she was starting to get worried.

"Ma?" she called out as she walked out of her room. Victoria checked the kitchen and living room before making her way towards the stairs. She looked up the stairs and let out a hefty sigh, she wasn't given clearance to walk up stairs yet but she felt like she needed to go check on her mother. Struggling up the stairs she slowly made her way towards her parents' room. When she opened the door she saw Gaby lying in bed with the covers wrapped around her.

"Mom?" she called out as she made her way towards her, as she came closer she noticed that Gaby was shivering.

"Mom what's wrong?" Victoria asked as she touched Gaby's ice cold face, she had no coloring to her face and she sounded like she was having trouble breathing. Getting scared Victoria shook Gaby as she called out to her.

"Mom wake up!" she yelled, Gaby slowly opened her eyes.

"How did you make it up here?" she asked as she touched Victoria's face her hand cold to the touch.

"Mom what's wrong, are you in pain?"

"I took medicine I'll be fine," she mumbled as she closed her eyes again.

*****

Nick let out the breath he had been holding when he walked into Gaby's hospital room and saw her sitting up talking to Victoria.

"You just had to get me all worked up didn't you?" he said as he walked over to her and kissed her forehead. Nick had noticed that Gaby was looking pale before he left for work and suggested that she should schedule an appointment with her doctor. In typically Gaby fashion she just brushed him off saying that she was alright.

"You've been so worried about me that you haven't been taking care of yourself," Victoria said scowling at her mother.

"It was just a flare up these things happen," Gaby said

"You needed a blood transfusion that doesn't just happen," Nick said frowning down at his wife.

"I'm fine now, stop frowning,"

"Gaby-"

"- I hear you Nick you don't need to start preaching," Gaby said and Nick looked over to Victoria.

"Can you give us a moment sweetheart?"

"Sure daddy," she said as she got up to leave.

"Don't leave me alone with him," Gaby pleaded and Victoria just continued to walk out, she could hear Gaby calling her a traitor as she left the room. She wandered down the hallway and found herself at the elevators. Melissa's room was only two floors down, and even though she had been in the hospital for over a week Victoria hadn't gone to see her again. Going against her better judgment she called for the elevator.

****

"My god Melissa will you just say something, anything!" Anthony pleaded with his wife exhausted and frustrated with the silent treatment she was pulling. Ever since she had been conscious Melissa refused to speak to anyone but her doctor and nursing staff, she would not even speak to the Director Fortune when he came to question her.

Melissa just stared at Anthony, "You're blaming me for this aren't you, that's why you're not talking to me right?" he said only to be answered back with more silence.