Happy Birthday Bitchzilla

Associates scattered as the elevator doors swung open, the notice had already gone out that Bitchzilla was on her way up and she was in a very bad mood. If they wanted to keep their jobs, it was best that they stayed out of her way. Victoria ran her fingers through her jet black angled bob as she stepped out of the elevator; the woman behind her was busy chattering away about nothing as she followed behind her. Snatching her sunglasses off her face, her furious green eyes locked eyes with a first year associate and motioned for him to come to her.

“Good morning Victoria.”

“Timothy would you escort this nice woman to Mr. Hawks’ office.” She said with a tight grin as the woman continued to chat away.

“Have a nice day ma’am.” Victoria said as she walked away.  Victoria made her way to the bull pen where all of the associates worked and stopped at an empty desk.

“Where is this girl when I need her?” she mumbled as she walked towards her office, from the corner of her eye she saw her associate in Owen’s office, walking into his office she let out a low growl as she watched Owen ogle over the young woman. Victoria knew the look in his eyes it was the same look he had given her many of times over the years.

“Lori McClain, why are you not at your desk working on the deposition summaries I asked you for last night.” Victoria said disrupting them, fear flashed across Lori’s eyes.

“I-I was-“

“-Vic give the kid a break I was actually helping her out with it, she’ll have them for you by quitting time.” Owen said giving Lori an out to exit the office.

“So this is why I haven’t been able to get in contact with you this morning.” Victoria said as she eyeballed Owen as he closed his office door. “Scouting your next victim?”  She asked folding her arms across her chest.

“Jealousy does not suit you princess.” He said wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Why didn’t you pick up the phone, my car broke down this morning.”

“I’m sorry princess my in-laws came into town this morning. I told you to get rid of that piece of junk I will just buy you a new car.” He said kissing her cheek and she broke his embrace. Victoria tried not to think of the fact that Owen was with his wife and her family. Victoria knew that Tina was not going anywhere and it never bothered her until lately. Sharing Owen just wasn’t working for her anymore. Maybe it was just in her nature to dislike sharing, even though she was a twin she never had to share with her brother.

“I had to call my dad this morning to help me out and you know every time I see him we have the same conversation. ‘You need to talk to your mother, your mother misses you, its been seven years, blah, blah, blah.” She said mimicking her father.

“I’m sorry you had a bad morning baby, but I think I have something that will cheer you up.” He said walking towards his desk, pulled out a long rectangle jewelry box.

“Happy Birthday Vic,” he said handing the box to her. Victoria opened the box revealing a Tiffany’s heart pendent with key necklace.

“Owen I love it.” She said hugging him.

“I knew that would get a smile out of you, now thank me properly.” Owen said pulling him into her as Victoria wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Thank you Mr. Lawson.” She said as she kissed his lips.

“Where do you want to go for lunch since I can’t take you out for dinner tonight?”

“I’m having lunch with Elijah.”