Her Knight in Shining Armor

Victoria bit her bottom lip as they rode quietly down the street; she watched the scenery whiz passed her but her mind was on the look of envy Melissa gave her as Dante helped her into the car. She couldn't help but feel as if she won even if it was only for a moment. Victoria's cell phone rang making her jump, aggravatingly she shuffled through the contents of her clutch and pulled out her phone, her eyes stretched when she saw Aaliyah's name flash across the screen. She immediately answered the call.

"Aaliyah what's wrong?" she asked and Dante glanced over to her his curiosity written all over his face.

"I-I need you to come get me." Aaliyah mumbled barely even audible.

"Where are you?"

"I-I-I don't know...Queens." she croaked out with a sniffle.

"Liyah what's wrong with you, did someone hurt you?"

"Can you just come get me?" she cried.

"Is there some place you can stay until we get there?"

"I see a Chinese restaurant that's still open,"

"Okay give me the address,"

Aaliyah rambled off the address and Victoria told her to stay put until they arrived. Dante seemed to put the car into a gear Victoria didn't even know existed and they were in front of the restaurant within fifteen minutes. Victoria ran into the restaurant and found Aaliyah sitting in a booth sobbing uncontrollably as an elderly Chinese woman did her best to comfort her.

"Liyah!" she called out and Aaliyah looked up and when she saw Victoria she rushed over to her and tossed her arms around her.

"Thank you for coming, I didn't know who else to call."

Stunned it took a moment for Victoria to react and hug Aaliyah back as tears pricked her eyes. She couldn't remember the last time she had hugged her sister, she didn't realize how much she missed it until that moment."

"What's going on kiddo?" Dante asked as he placed his hand on the top of her head.

"Patrick cheated on me." she cried and Victoria watched as Dante's hands balled up into a fist.

"Where is he?" he asked and Victoria could tell that he was out for blood.

"Oh no we're not doing this tonight," Victoria said as she shook her head no. "Let's worry about getting Liyah home." she said as she grabbed Aaliyah's things.

"Thank you Mrs. Lau," Aaliyah said to the elderly Chinese woman as she handed Aaliyah a Styrofoam cup with hot tea.

"You're a beautiful girl, don't waste any more tears on him." she said as she smiled softly as Aaliyah.

Victoria and Dante thanked Mrs. Lau for caring for Aaliyah and insisted on paying for Aaliyah's meal to which she denied and sent them on their way.

"Mom and dad aren't home can I stay with you?" Aaliyah asked breaking the silence as they drove down the highway. Victoria assumed that she was talking to Dante until she asked again.

"Vic can I stay with you tonight?"

Victoria turned around and looked at Aaliyah, she was in complete shock all she could do was shake her head yes. Once they arrived at Victoria's house Victoria got Aaliyah set up in the guest room with a pair of pajamas before seeing Dante out.

"Promise me you won't go looking for that kid tonight."

"I won't go looking for him just yet I don't want you to defend me at a murder trial." he said as he stepped out onto the front step.