Bitchzilla's Not-So Perfect Life

This bastard must think he’s prince charming. Victoria thought as she watched Dante charm the pants off Owen. She could not believe how Owen just opened right up to him, it took her over a year just for her to get Owen to remember her name let alone become his associate. All it took was a smile and a few stupid jokes and Dante had Owen eating out of the palm of his hands. Suddenly Owen seemed to make the case personal and she wondered if she would actually get to stay in first chair.

“I assure you Dante; our Victoria is the best you are in the most capable of hands.”

“I have no doubt about that,” Dante said looking at Victoria who just cut her eyes at him.

“I have another meeting to get to but it was nice meeting you.” Owen said as he got up and shook Dante’s hand.

Dante watched as Victoria escorted Owen out of her office. Owen placed his hand on the small of Victoria’s back as he whispered something in her ear. Dante rolled his eyes as he sat back in his seat. Victoria walked back into the room and narrowed her eyes at him.

“Why is it whenever you look at me you always look like the sun is in your eyes. Stop squinting at me; am I so handsome that it hurts to look at me? ”

“Only in your dreams Mr. Jones, you’re a pain in my ass that’s why I look like this.” Victoria huffed as she gathered up her papers.

“Why I haven’t done anything to you but give you a case that will most likely give you a promotion. You should be kissing the ground I walk on, right about now.”

“I’d rather throw up instead.” She said as she sat back in her seat and glared at him.

“I’m going to need a few more people from the complex to give statements about the living conditions. I trust you can handle that for me while I file the necessary paper work.”

“Yes I can handle it.”

“Good, we’re done for the day I will call you to set up a time when we can go back so we can gather some evidence.” Victoria said as she stood up.

“I’ll wait for your call then.” Date said as he stood up before Victoria escorted him out of the office.

Dante waited for Victoria’s call for two weeks before she followed through to set up an appointment. On the day of the appointment, he was disappointed when Lori showed up instead of Victoria.

“So what happened to your boss?”

“She got caught up with one of our other clients, but she didn’t want to cancel so she sent me instead. She might come by later.” Lori offered up with a smile knowing that it was a lie. “Our evidence photographer should be here any minute.” She said as she pocket her phone.

“Is it true that you know Victoria’s family?” Lori asked

“Mmhm,”

“But you’ve never met Victoria before?”

“No she was never around,”

“So it is true that she has family issues.”

“Are you probing me for information about your boss?” Dante asked as she looked down at the little blond sideways.

“I guess so; I’m just trying to figure out why she is the way that she is. I like working for her we get some really awesome cases but she is just so…” Lori trailed off not wanting to finish her statement.

“She scares you,” Dante stated with a laugh.

“Doesn’t she scare you?”

“No I’ve dealt with people way worse than Victoria. She’s just a spoiled brat.” Dante said with a shrug. “I know how to deal with brats.”