Out with the Old, In with the New

Victoria checked herself in the mirror for the third time and tugged at the hem of her Michael Kors shirtdress. She couldn't understand why she was so nervous, she had rehearsed her lines over a hundred times in her head but it still didn't make things easier. Victoria had finally decided to end her relationship with Owen, after returning home from her grandmother's funeral she had realized that she no longer fit into the relationship. She wanted to be with someone who was actually there when she needed them and cared about her needs. After applying her lipstick, she grabbed her car keys and walked out the door.

When she arrived at the restaurant she had arranged for them to meet she began to feel a little queasy. Owen smiled at her as she walked over to their table.

"Hey baby," he said as he kissed her cheek before pulling her chair out.

"Hi,"

"Look babe I know I promised you that we'd have lunch today but Dr. Carter just called and I-"

"-It's fine I'll make this quick then."

"Make what quick,"

"I asked you to have lunch with me today because I have something to say to you." she said as Owen pulled out his cell phone and began to respond to a text.

"What's is it baby?"

Victoria's eye twitched as she bit her bottom lip, she covered his phone with her hand causing him to look up at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Everything is wrong Owen, I'm not happy with the way things have been going."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about us Owen, our relationship isn't working for me anymore. I'm not a toy you can just pick up when you're bored, you don't know what I've been through over the past few weeks."

"Then tell me, you know I'll give you anything that you want. Victoria I love you I'm not ready to lose you." he said as he laced their fingers together.

"No you don't, you think you do but you don't. If you loved me you wouldn't treat me no better than a two dollar whore. I've finally realized that I need to do better, I deserve better." She said as she snatched her hand away from him. "Dr. Carter is waiting for you, I'll see you at work tomorrow." She said before getting up and walked away as tears pooled in her eyes. When she arrived home, she was determined to keep herself from crying, she decided to take Heather for a walk and get a pizza.

Victoria checked her make up through her phone screen as she walked down the street carrying a pizza box. She stopped in front of the steps and let out a sigh.

Come on you can do this. She thought as she hesitated taking the first step up the stairs. The door opened and Dante jogged down the stairs as he smiled at her.

"You're actually paying me a visit?" he asked as he stopped in front of her. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong I just came by because...." She trailed off as she looked up at the sky expecting something to fall down giving her a distraction.

"You came by because what?" he asked as he tugged on a few strands of her hair and she slapped his hand away.

"I just wanted to give you this." She said holding out the pizza box.

"You're giving me pizza?"

"Not just any pizza Gino's pizza, the best pizza in all of New York." Victoria beamed as she talked about her favorite pizza place.

"Why are you giving me pizza?"

"To thank you I guess, you we're there for me when I needed you in Tuscany and I didn't get a chance to thank you when we came back."