Operation: Break Down

“Don’t come over here Victoria.” Elijah said making Victoria laugh at the irritation in his voice as she parked in front of his apartment complex.

“Tell whatever STD ridden female you have over there to leave ‘cause I’m in front of your house, I need to talk to you.” she said getting out of her car. Taking the elevator up to the twelfth floor and when she walked up to Elijah’s door it flung open to Elijah’s scowling face. A leggie blond emerged from behind him and placed a kiss on his cheek making Victoria cringe.

“I’ll call you later.” Elijah said as the woman walked out of the apartment glaring at Victoria.

“If I were you I’d stop looking at me.” Victoria warned her not one to have a staring competition with a gold digger. Rolling her eyes the woman brushed passed her. Victoria walked into the apartment as Elijah grumbled behind her.

“What do you want Victoria?” he asked as he followed her into the kitchen.

“Why don’t you have any food cooked, you know I don’t cook.” Victoria said while peering into his refrigerator and was shocked to see only a bottle of Dom Perignon and a carton of eggs.

“I guess this will have to do.” She said pulling out the bottle of liquor and the carton of eggs.

“You said you wanted to talk about something not eat breakfast.”

“Scaring your gold digger made me hungry.” She said cracking open the bottle of Champagne she smiled as the cork released with a pop.

“Would you like a glass brother?” she asked as she opened a cabinet and pulled out a champagne flute

“I might as well have a glass.”

Victoria poured their glasses before placing a pot on the stove.

“Your father is driving me crazy; he keeps on insisting that I take on this stupid civil suit case.” She said before taking a sip from her glass “It’s been two weeks already why won’t he let it go. I need you to talk to him.”

“I won’t be of any good I think it would be good for you to help out Dante too.”

“You know him too?” Victoria said with a groan.

“Yeah he’s a good friend of mine and really great guy. You should help him.”

“Look if I could I would but I just can’t.” Victoria said as she cracked four eggs into a bowl.

“Don’t say that just say that you don’t want the case, dad is only trying to help you out.”

“I know it would be a good opportunity for me to do some pro bono work but I just can’t do civil cases. I don’t have the best track record, and if I do a pro bono case I need to win.”

“So it’s about having a sure win rather than helping out someone in need.”

“A little bit, I just feel like if I’m going to do a pro bono case I need to win it instead of dragging someone through months of litigation, just for them to end up worse off than before.”

“Oh so you do have a heart, I was beginning to think you bath in the blood of innocents to stay alive.” Elijah said and Victoria rolled her eyes at him. “I think you need to talk with Dante and find out more about the lawsuit before you make any final judgments.”

“So that means you won’t talk to daddy?”

“Bingo, hurry up with my eggs so I can take a shower.”

“Go take a shower first and wash off the syphilis behind your ears; we’ll go out for lunch.” Victoria said tossing a fork at her brother as he walked away.