Let's Play House

The next morning she woke up with Dante's arms wrapped around her and her head resting on his chest. She sighed contently ready to fall back asleep when her cell phone rang.

"I am going to burn that thing." She mumbled as she tried to pry Dante's arms off of her but he just held on to her tightly.

"Leave it alone, it'll stop soon enough." He said as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"It's probably Heather's sitter wanting to know when I'll pick her up."

"Your dog has a sitter?"

"Yes, what's wrong with that?"

"Please explain to me why your dog needs a sitter."

"She's an active dog and she gets mischievous when she's bored. Sometimes I have to stay away from home for a few days, so I rather pay to have someone watch her, than pay to have my house rebuilt after she tears it up."

"Mmmm when you put it that way I guess it makes since."

"Of course it does." She said wiggling out of his hold and picked up her cell phone. Heather's sitter Mike notified her that he had to go out of town because of a family emergency and needed Heather to be picked up.

Victoria jumped out of bed and headed for the shower, when she came out Dante was still in bed.

"Do you plan on getting up anytime soon?" she asked as she untied her hair from its messy topknot. Dante stared at the purple towel wrapped around her hoping that it would just fall off as she moved around.

"I was just waiting for you to get out of the shower," he said getting up with a stretch. Dante grabbed the duffle bag that sat at the foot of the bed.

"Where did that come from?"

"My car," he said simply as he walked into the bathroom.

Victoria rolled her eyes as she realized that he had planned to stay over from the beginning.

"This dude thinks he's so smart." She mumbled as she tossed on a pair of sneakers.

Victoria had just put on her coat when Dante walked down the stairs ready to go. Victoria and Dante picked up Heather from her sitter and Dante wasn't happy when he laid eyes on the sitter. Mike stood two inches taller than Dante, with a perfect beach body build, his olive skin freshly tanned; he looked like he could be an Abercrombie model. Dante automatically picked up that Mike had a crush on Victoria the minute he opened the door and let them inside. When Victoria introduced them he could feel Mike sizing him up. Heather raced to the door and greeted Dante first almost knocking him over as she jumped up onto him.

"You little traitor, I'm the one that came to pick you up." Victoria said pulling on her ear only to be ignored.

"He's her new best friend." Victoria said to Mike as she rolled her eyes.

"Here take this; she's been pretty obsessed with it." Mike said handing her a stuffed teddy bear chew toy.

"Really? She usually doesn't like toys like this. She likes the squeaky ones that annoy the crap out of me." She said taking the toy from him and Heather tried to take it away from her.

"No, it's mine brat." She said holding it up away from her.

"I hope everything goes well with your mom, call me when you get back we'll have lunch." She said as she hooked on Heather's leash and led her towards the door.

"You have lunch with your dog's sitter?" Dante asked once they were in the car.

"Occasionally, he takes such great care of Heather, and he's a great guy so why not."