The One Where it All Falls Apart

"Shit!" Dante exclaimed as he tossed down the wrench in his hand. Nothing was going right for him the whole day and now he just added the large scrape to his hand to the list. He couldn't wait for the day to end so he could see Victoria, and maybe if he played his cards right he could convince her to cook him dinner.

"Yo Dante ya girl is here and she don't look too happy." Roscoe said sticking his head through the doorway.

What now? He wondered as he stood up in time to see Victoria walk in.

"Hey babe, what-" Dante was caught off when Victoria took a swing at him and the sound of glass breaking echoed throughout the garage. Dante jumped back when he noticed the monkey wrench in Victoria's hand just as she swung at him again and this time hit the passenger side door denting the exterior.

"You lying bastard," she gritted as she tightened her grip on the heavy wrench.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He yelled causing Roscoe to rush over to see what the commotion was all about.

"Oh shit, what the hell?" Roscoe said as he rushed over to Victoria and grabbed the wrench from her, when he tried to grab her Victoria counter attacked and flipped him onto his back stunning him. Her eyes locked onto Dante who had no idea what he had done to invoke such violent encounter.

"I'm nothing but a joke to you right?" She asked as she stepped towards him.

"Baby talk-"

"Don't you baby me!" She yelled. "Just tell me the truth!"

" The truth about what, Victoria talk to me" he could see the fire in her eyes growing with every step she took towards him.

"I know all about your promise or whatever you want to call it. Did you have fun betting one me?”

“Victoria it wasn’t like that,” he said trying to grab her but Victoria moved out of his reach.

“Did you or did you not tell my mother that if I took your case you would get me to go back home?”

“I didn’t say it like that—I would never toy with you like that.” Dante said knowing that he was only digging his grave deeper.

“That’s all you’ve been doing with me from the very beginning, I was an idiot to actually believe in you.” She said scoffing at herself.

“Just listen to me,” Dante begged as he grabbed her by the hand and the next thing he knew Victoria kicked his leg from underneath him and he was on the floor with her fist in his chest.

“The only reason why I haven’t done any real damage is because I am still your legal representative. If you want to keep your hands I advise you to never touch me again.” She said before punching him in the sternum knocking the air out of him.

Roscoe finally gathered his senses and rushed over to the fighting couple and pulled Victoria off of Dante and tossed her over his shoulder.

“Roscoe I like you don’t make me hurt you again,”

“I like you too but I can’t have you beating up my boss, who will sign my checks?” Roscoe said as he carried Victoria out of the garage while Dante gasped for air. Roscoe set Victoria down and she glared at him for a moment before she said, “Tell your boss that I better not see his ass until his court date, if I see him before then I won’t be so nice.”

Roscoe watched Victoria as she walked away and wondered how she had the strength to toss him over when he weighed over two hundred pounds. He waited until she drove off before he walked back into the garage rubbing his aching neck to find Dante sitting on the floor rubbing the center of his chest. He tried to help him off of the floor but Dante refused to move.