Bitchzilla Meets Mr. Jones

Victoria tossed her alarm clock across her room and watched the offending device break apart. How dare it try to wake her up while she tried to sleep off her hangover. After finishing up her bottle of wine Victoria was taken home by her driver  where she ordered a pizza and ate until she felt like she was about to burst. Acid reflux with a hangover was a deadly combination. As she tried to gather her wits, Heather her Alaskan Malamute she had adopted burst through the bedroom door and jumped on the bed.

“Go away Heather.” Victoria groaned as she rolled on to her side. Never one to take the word no for an answer like her master Heather dropped her leash on top of Victoria’s head and commanded her to get up with a bark.

“Heather please be quite,” she begged but Heather barked again. Victoria rolled around and looked at Heather.

“Keep it up I’ll take you to the pound.” Victoria growled as she scratched her behind the ear. Victoria stared into Heather’s pleading blue eyes and instantly softened.

“You are so rotten.” Victoria said as she rolled out of bed and Heather stretched out across the bed as she waited for Victoria to take her on her early morning walk. After taking a few antacids and a long hot shower, Victoria was beginning to feel like herself again. When Victoria walked out of the bathroom, she found Heather wrapped up in her sheets snoring lightly.

“Hey brat you don’t get to sleep after waking me up.” She fussed only to have Heather ignore her. After dressing for work, Victoria pushed Heather out of her bed to take her out for her walk.

“Heather will you please pick a tree any tree you are making me late.” Victoria said pulling on her leashing trying to get Heather to hurry up. Victoria’s cell phone rang and she squealed with excitement at the sight of Owen’s name.

“Good morning Mr.  Lawson.”

“Good morning princess, would you like a ride to work?”

“Will it include a warm croissant and a tall caramel mocha with skim- milk.”

“If that’s what you wish.”

“Yupp it is.” She said with a laugh as Heather’s leash slipped from her grasp.

“Heather come back here.” Victoria called out as Heather began to wonder up the sidewalk.

“You’re walking your demon dog.”

“Heather is not a demon dog, it’s not her fault she doesn’t like you.”

“I think it is.” Owen said

“You need to be nicer to her. She doesn’t like you because you used to tease her as a puppy.”

“I never teased her I was playing with her.”

“She didn’t think so that’s why she bit you.”

“I am going to snuff that damn dog out one day.”

“Leave my baby alone.” Victoria said ignoring the fact that Heather had wandered a block away from her.

“Heather!” Victoria called out realizing that the dog was gone. “Owen I’ll call you back I have to go find Heather.” She said ending the call and began to trot up the block in her eleven hundred dollar Louboutin stilettos. Victoria could hear barking coming from the next street over and ran as fast as she could to find Heather being touched by a stranger.

“Heather get over here!” Victoria yelled.

“Hey get off of my dog.” She screamed as she ran to rescue her dog from its kidnapper.

“Get off of my dog you dog stealer.”

“I wasn’t trying to steal your dog.” The man said putting up his hands up in the air as Victoria charged towards him as her heel caught in a crack in the pavement. Victoria fell forward right into the man’s arms.