Parental Guidance Needed

Victoria cringed at the high pitched laughter coming from her god-sister and best friend Yaharah.

“Shut up Blondie,” Victoria snapped tossing a napkin at Yaharah.

“I wish I could have been there, he literally tossed you into the garbage that was priceless. I like him.” She said wiping a tear from her eye.

“It figures you would laugh at my misery.”

“You have to admit that you had it coming, why would you say something like that.”

“Because it was true you should have seen him he was all covered in dirt and grime.”

“It’s called hard work, which is something you have no clue about.” Yaharah said tossing back her long blond hair back as her blue eyes sparkled with amusement.

“Why do I bother talking to you?” Victoria mumbled.

“Because I am the only true friend you have in this world and you love me.” Yaharah ended by sticking her tongue out at Victoria.

“He tried to steal Heather.”

“He did not so don’t use that as an excuse, you were just being your usual bitchy self and you got your ass handed to you.” she laughed as she sipped from her glass of wine.

“Well whatever satisfaction he got out of humiliating me the other day I hope he enjoyed it, his ass is mine.”

“He sounds like he has a nice ass, mechanics usually do it’s like a requirement or something.” Yaharah said with a grin.

“What did you say he looked like again?”

“Dirty.”

“Come on you saw him before he went to work what does he look like.”

“Like a dog stealer,”

Yaharah let out a frustrated sigh.

“You really are no fun why do I hang out with you?” she said with a pout.

“You hang out with me because I take you five star restaurants like this for lunch and always pay.”

“It’s not my fault student loans eat up half of my paycheck, who knew becoming a surgeon would be so damn expensive. Anyway you need to meet me at Lauryn’s tomorrow night.”

“Do we really have to meet there?”

“We are there for the cake tasting so why wouldn’t we meet there?” Yaharah said .

“You know Lauryn doesn’t like me. I could just meet you at the bridal salon for the fitting.”

“No, as my best friend and maid of honor you are required to be there since .” Yaharah said shaking her head. “Besides Lauryn does not hate you, she just hates what you’re doing to Auntie Gaby.”

“Why is that anyone’s concern? What goes on between my mother and I is just between me and Gabrielle Gregorio, not the rest of the world.”

“We’re a family Vic, so when you hurt auntie you hurt all of us. You can hide behind those shades you love so much, dye your hair, and act like queen bitch but I know you Victoria. I know you miss auntie just as much as she misses you.”

Victoria let Yaharah’s statement hang in the air, and Yaharah knew better than to expect a response.

****

As soon as Victoria stepped off the elevator Lori was there to greet her and judging by the look on her face Victoria could tell that she had bad news.