Part 48

Taehyung

I'm now at the airport waiting for Jin to arrive. Our private jet already waiting at the ramp.

At last, a black car stopped just in front of the gate and Namjoon was the first to unload from the car. Jin followed. I don't know what they are talking about but it looks like Jin cried as Namjoon hugged him and Jin wiping his cheeks. He wore his glasses and picked up his bag.

Jin pulled his luggage and headed towards to where I am waiting.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim. Did I make you wait?" he asked, with his usual smile that makes his cheeks chubby. I looked at the teddy bear in his arm. At his age, he still brings a teddy bear with him. Adorable.

"No. You're actually 10 minutes early." I said.

I noticed him looking around. "Where are the others?"

"The others? They took the commercial flight Jin. I don't take a commercial flight. We will use a private jet." I said and he looked bewildered.

"Uh.. I can take the commercial flight as well Mr. Kim." He said. I can feel the uneasiness on him.

"You need to discuss the activities you prepared for our events. I gave you the dates right? So how can you discuss if we are on different flights?"

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim. I really thought we will all ride the private jet."

"That's fine. Shall we?"

Seokjin

I really thought that we will all ride a private jet. My team, his team, Mr. Kim and I. I was nervous not only because we're the only passengers, a flight attendant and two pilots but also because, I'm afraid riding an airplane.

Just looking at the small private jet, no matter how fancy it looks, it still cause the butterflies in my tummy to flop like crazy.

I also thought that we will not discuss anything in the plane and that we will not be sitting side by side. I am planning to sleep the whole flight but all my plans remained as plans as I need to work with him even on the plane.

Kim Taehyung being the old Kim Taehyung. Only gentler now.

The private jet is a little cramped. Or is it because I don't want us to be sitting next to each other. The sad part, our seats are just a feet or two apart. I'm now praying that I can survive this 11 hour flight to Germany.

It took us an hour and a half to discuss the full schedule in Germany. We will spend two weeks there before flying to Italy where we will stay for two weeks. Then another two weeks in France. With three days rest each week. Not bad. I can go and take a look around during free time. We will fly back to Korea after everything is done in Europe.

The turbulence is killing me. I will gasp leaving me holding on tightly on the arm rest. I can see Mr. Kim glancing at me everytime. How embarrassing.

Taehyung

One thing is for sure, Jin is afraid of riding an airplane. I wanted to laugh everytime I saw him gripped tightly on to the arm rest. Whenever the plane moves from the turbulence, I can see him mouthing "shit" or "fuck". How cute.

Once the plane is smooth again. I think I need to break the ice. Knowing a shy Jin, he will not start a conversation.

"Scared of airplanes Jin?"

I saw him blush. "Y-yes."

"Don't worry too much. It's just a turbulence. We won't crash." I know it's lame but I just want him to relax since he's looking frigid on his seat.

"I know. I'm sorry if I looked like a scaredy cat." He smiled as he hugs on to his teddy bear.

"Is that yours Jin? I mean, you still can't sleep without a bear?" I asked. I do think it's cute.

"No sir. I rely on this bear when I'm still --- uhhh... so I will not miss my son. This is his stuffed toy." He said.

"What's the name of your son Jin?" I asked wanting him to get comfortable talking to me.

He looked surprised by my question. I saw how his lips quiver when I throw the question. "Uh.. S-Soobin. His name is Soobin."

I nod. "Soobin.. cute name. My daughter's name is Chanri. She's already 10. You know her right?"

He nods. "I saw her in your office long time ago. I don't think she will remember me."

"I'll ask her if she still remember you. Kids have better memories right?" I think my Chanri can recognize him. If she can, then probably, my heart is right. I know Jin. I just can't remember him. I can feel it in my heart. I hate my brain for forgetting some parts of my life.

"I saw you crying earlier. Did you have some quarrel with your boyfriend?" I asked. Hoping for an angry answer.

I'm thankful when he glares at me. It looks positive. "Mr. Kim, Namjoon is not my boyfriend. But we are close to each other's family. I just cried because I didn't know that my son put his clothes in a bag thinking that if he did, I will bring him with me. He pulled out a tantrums when I told him that I cannot bring him and that caused me to arrived late earlier. I had to pacify him. I'm sorry Mr. Kim but I always get emotional when it comes to my son."

We heard a voice coming from a woman calling me. The flight attendant will serve our food. When I gave her the permission to enter our private space, she immediately serve our meal. She attached a wooden tray in front of Jin as mine is already attached earlier.

"There's a button on your seats that connects in my room. You can always press that in case you need anything. Please enjoy your meal." The flight attendant said.

I said thank you and she left. We did not talk much while we eat our food. I think we're both hungry to even talk.

After a few hours, I saw him already sleeping. He did not even have the strength to go to bed. He was slumped on his seat. His mouth slightly open and he's snoring softly.

I stood up to recline his seat and to adjust his foot rest so he can sleep comfortably.

I removed his eyeglass. As soon as I reclined his seat, he shifts his body.

"Tae-hyung.." I heard him whispered as he hugged tighter on his teddy bear.

"Yes?" I asked. Thinking he's talking to me. But all I got is a soft snore from him and I watched a tear fell from his eye.

He's not talking to me. Probably he's dreaming. I just wonder why he called my name in his dreams.

I just shrugged. I probably misheard. I just put on his blanket and went back to my seat as I continue reading a book.