Part 14

Sorry, I think I published the unedited version earlier. Publishing it again. 😊

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Seokjin

"So what's with the emergency night out?" Yoongi asked while holding a bottle of beer. We were inside a bar chasing the stress away.

"You won't believe this but Chanri requested me to be her personal caretaker." I said with a pout.

"To be what?!" Jimin exclaimed with his eyes widened.

"Isn't that unfair? I don't have the right to say no. He said it's an order. He did not even ask me if I want it or if its okay with me to work as his daughter's caretaker." I grunted.

"If you don't like it, then why don't you tell him?" Yoongi said.

"He said he's not giving me choices. I should follow. He's not asking for a favor, it's an order. He will triple my salary. That's exactly what he said." I narrated everything.

"He will triple your salary?! I am willing to trade jobs with you. But the problem, Chanri is not fond of me." Jimin chimed in.

"You're just saying that because you're not in my position now. I want to work in a corporate world. As an office employee. I never want to be a caretaker. If I could only resign now, I would. But I need a job. You know what my eomma and I are going through. I can't just give up my job and choose my pride. Why is this happening to me?" I said desperately.

"Well hyung, to tell you the truth, I would do anything to trade places with you. I would love to sit in a mansion, eat like I am in a fine dine in, sleep on a luxurious bed and just talking and playing with a little girl all day long and get paid triple. I mean come on, what more can you ask for? Think about it." Jimin said and yes, he was right. Somehow, I'll have more benefits there.

"And if I may add, you also get yourself a grumpy boyfriend." Yoongi laughed.

"Shut up Yoongi! Why did you even think about that?" This Yoongi.

"So you're not going to the office starting Monday?" Yoongi asked, changing the topic.

"He said I will wait for Chanri in the office. Then we will go home after lunch. I'm starting to hate my job and I'm not starting yet." I sighed in disbelief. I'm already dreading for next week to come. If I can only stop the time.

"Well, I think it is more stressful in the office. At least, well probably, at home, Taehyung is a different person. You wouldn't know." Yoongi added.

"What if he is worst at home? Oh my.. why is this happening to me? It all started with me vomiting and picking a fight with him in his bar, him just scolding me and calling me names all the time and now he wanted me to be his daughter's caretaker. If he thinks I'm stupid, why would he even entrust his daughter to me?." I'm complaining, yes.

"I don't want to assume but I think he likes you." Yoongi said and Jimin added, "I think so too!"

I don't want that topic to progress because that's totally non-sense. "Change topic, before I forgot, if ever Mr. Kim asked you to go to Daejeon, please take care. Mr. Lee is a pervert!"

Jimin and Yoongi's eyes widened. "Really? Why?"

"Mr. Kim already knew that Mr. Lee was plotting to do something pervert to me. Maybe he knew Mr. Lee very well. The water he had there that was supposed to be given to me have some kind of sleeping aid in it. I'm just lucky Mr. Kim sensed that there's something wrong with Mr. Lee's requests. Otherwise, that old man already raped me."

"Oh gosh! That's scary." Jimin was shocked by what I just said. "You're still lucky hyung. Well, to be honest, Mr. Kim is just very rigid all the time but he is a very smart and strong guy."

"I agree." Yoongi nodded in agreement.

I suddenly remember what he said to Mr. Lee. I don't want to assume the meaning behind it but I must admit that his words flustered me. Flustered not because he defended me. But flustered in a different way that I cannot explain.

"I am here to tell to you personally to not dare lay your hand to my Seokjin. Yes you heard it right! What's mine is mine. I am not willing to share him to you and to anyone who wants him."

Sounded very nice to my ears that I want to repeat it again and again. But then, I reminded myself again, he's a boss and I'm just an employee.

==========

"But Eomma.."

"Aishhh Seokjinnie. I can handle myself well. Besides, your boss sent someone earlier to help me with all the works. She is actually very good. As much as I want to pay her, she said Mr. Kim is in charge of her salary. Isn't he nice?" I know eomma just trying to be brave, she just can't let me go like that. She held my hand and rub her fingers on my knuckles.

"Seokjin, listen baby. I know you want to work as an office employee. I want that for you too. But the thought of that child wanting you to be her caretaker is something that touches me. Like you said, she doesn't have a mother. And Mr. Kim is a busy man. Maybe she saw the love and attention she was searching for from you. You cared for her, you showed her she's important, you know how to talk to her properly to make her follow her father's orders and you know what makes her cringe. She reminded me of your little sister. She loved being called princess too." Eomma smiled.

"Seokjin, my heart breaks for that child. If I could only take care of her, I would. Because I miss taking care of your little sister. Just think of her as your little sister. And then, when she's already at the right age or if Mr. Kim decided to get married, you can always go back to the corporate world."

Somehow, Eomma was right. Once Taehyung got married or once ChanRi is old enough, I will leave their house and work again in a corporate setting. As much as I wanted to resign, I simply can't. My mother needs financial assistance. We need to pay for the rent and other bills. But now, since I'm not given a choice, I will try my best to take care of ChanRi. Just like the way I cared for my little sister.