Part 34

Jungkook

It's been an hour and still, there's no sight of Taehyung and Jin.

"Uncle Kookie, what took Father and oppa so long?" Chanri already questioning their absence. "I'm already hungry."

"Do you think we should call them by now sir?" Yoongi asked.

I've been texting and calling both Taehyung and Jin but no reply. Until Taehyung's number appeared on my screen.

"Taehyung where are you? We've been...." My heart suddenly raced, the voice on the other line is not Tae. Nor Jin.

"Sir, I'm sorry you are the last person who had a missed call on Mr. Kim Taehyung's phone. Mr. Kim and his friend Mr. Seokjin are here in Seoul Hospital."

"W-what happened?" My heart beats faster.

"Sir, they figured in a car crash."

"Alive? Right?" Yes, yes please.

"Sir just please come over or inform their family." The other man on the line said.

I dropped the phone. "Yoongi can we talk for a while?"

Yoongi and I went out of the restaurant. Just so Chanri will not hear.

"Can you please ask Jimin to take Chanri home and entrust her to Minyoon? Just call Harold to take them home. Use the card, you continue to eat here. Just don't let Chanri question anything. You go to the office after lunch and lock it in the mean time." I think I'm just speaking but i don't really understand what I'm saying. The thought of Tae and Jin came into me like a lightning.

"Sir can you please explain to me what's happening?" Yoongi asked.

"Tae and Jin had an accident. Car crash. I don't know their condition right now. Just don't spill it in the company yet. It will be all over the news later anyway. Please keep quiet to Chanri okay? Don't let her watch the TV. Tell her we are on an emergency meeting... with her father and oppa."

Yoongi nods. I immediately went in my car and drove to the hospital.

I sprint my way to the ER as soon as I reached the hospital.

"For Kim Taehyung." I asked the staff.

He scanned the log. "Sir he's in the Critical Care Unit."

Critical care is ICU right? "How about Kim Seokjin?"

"Same sir."

Fuck! "Where's the ICU?"

"Third floor sir"

"Thanks!"

I ran to the third floor. Taking three steps at at time on the stairs. I immediately rush to the nurses station.

"For Kim Taehyung and Seokjin?" I asked, panting. My sweat trickling down my forehead.

"Sir, I believe they are being revived since they came here in the ER."

"Being revived? Was that mean?" I know exactly the answer to my question but I am still in denial.

A group of doctors came rushing to the ICU. I grabbed the arm of one them. I cannot wait here without knowing what exactly is their condition.

"Hey... i'm really sorry Doctor. I'm Taehyung's brother." I lied. "Please, what's going on to Kim Taehyung?" I asked.

The doctor looked at me. "Sir the patient is currently suffering from cardiac arrest. So please, if I may."

I let her go. All I can do is to watch them rushed in and out of the ICU.

Critical Care Unit.

Being revived.

Cardiac Arrest.

Am i dreaming? What's happening?

I sat down on the chair at the hallway near the ICU. With my face in my hands, I'm praying that nothing worst will happen to both of them.

They are just starting their relationship. Taehyung seemed so happy with Jin. He just recently moved on from a dark past. He's the only family Chanri has. Seokjin is the only one left to his eomma. Nothing shall happen.

I don't know the severity of the accident and I don't exactly know how it happened. All I know right now is that it was worst.

I dialled Seulgi's number. I talked to Jin's mother and informed her that her son is in the hospital. I did not say that they are critical. I don't want it to come from me. A nurse came to me and ushered me to the waiting room

Soon after, Jin's eomma came with Namjoon.

"What happened to my Seokjin?" She went hysterical and it took me and Namjoon some time to pacify her.

I really don't know what to do. It seems like everything is just a dream. And I really do wish it's only a dream.

"I think it's not healthy if she will listen to what the doctor has to say." I said to Namjoon in a low voice while we looked at Jin's mother who fell asleep from crying.

"What happened and they end up here? I saw the car on the news. It's a total wreck." Namjoon asked. I've seen the car as well on the internet and it was indeed wrecked badly. I actually thought that they are still lucky to be able to make it in the hospital.

"I don't know too. All I know is that they were supposed to pick up Chanri at school. Taehyung's personal driver said Tae called him to pick Chanri up. I don't know where they went. I was informed that they will only be late for our office lunch. They never came." My stomach lurches while trying to recall what happened before that.

Perhaps, if they went straight to school and pick up Chanri, this won't happen. The other one is, fate intentionally asked them not to pick up Chanri otherwise, she will also end up in ICU like her father and her oppa. Was it possible that Taehyung saved his daughter from a possible accident?

I wouldn't know.

"Excuse me? I'm Dr. Wang. Who is Kim Taehyung's family?"

I raised my hand. "Jeon Jungkook doctor."

"Mr. Jeon, Mr. Kim is currently in coma. I would like to talk to you in my clinic to discuss his condition."

Coma. What happened to you Taehyung?

Namjoon

Another doctor came in for Seokjin discussing the severity of the accident to me and Jin's mother who can't stop from crying.

" We already made a surgery for his left leg. Maybe he will be needing a therapy for several months once he recovered to make him walk properly again.  But right now, he is in coma due to his brain injury. I cannot tell how long. As of now, his vitals are stable."

"Please doctor, do everything to make sure that he will be okay. Give him the best care." I said.

"I would like to assure you that he is in one of the best hospital in Korea and under the best care of doctors and nurses."

Money will never be a problem. Seokjin is like a brother to me and I will do anything to make him walk and wake up again.