Part 6

On my way home that night, I started to question myself if I made the right decision to apply for KTH instead of accepting Namjoon's offer. It seems like everything is not falling in to place. Who would have thought that the person I vomit to in the bar will be my new boss?

I can't blame him for treating me like that earlier. What I don't understand is why is there a need to discuss what happened in front of Yoongi and Jungkook. I really do think he wanted to humiliate me in front of them. On the positive note, I think that's better than announcing it in the group chat like what Jimin told me. And I dread for that day to happen.

I suddenly feel regretful of my decision to work in that company. Is my dream too big to become a reality? When KTH called to inform me that I'm hired, I am so grateful.

First, the company is the leading and one of the biggest company in South Korea.

Second, I need a better job opportunity and salary to help eomma.

Third, my body is already tired from working until midnight then waking up early to deliver eomma's rice cakes. Delivering rice cakes is fine but sleeping late drains me mentally and physically.

But then, even if I wanted to back out now, I already signed a contract and I don't want to disappoint eomma. I can still remember her smile when I left this morning. She was very excited and proud.

Eomma is already packing away her materials when I arrived. Peaking from the door, thinking about my plans to back out gave me sudden feeling of sadness and guilt. I'm sad that my eomma never experience an easy life. Guilt that she still needs to work hard for us to get by. I really need this job. No more backing out. Besides, Taehyung did not kick me out. Him mocking me will not kill me.

"Hey Seokjinnie! Why don't you come inside? I've prepared dinner for you." Eomma called.

"Goodevening mother. How's the shop?" I asked as I kissed her on her forehead while I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and guide her to our dining table.

"You won't believe this but I have 2 new customers who wants to resell my rice cakes." Eomma's voice sounds very excited.

"Wow! That's so good to hear. I can't blame them. Your rice cakes are the best." Of course, I am so happy for her.

"Aww my Seokjinnie. Sit down honey and I will prepare your food. How's your first day? How's your officemates?" Eomma asked while preparing the food for me.

"It's fun!" It's not. "My officemate's are really nice and welcoming."

"Nice to hear that. At least you won't have a hard time to adjust. How about your boss?"

Okay, so here it is. "They were also very nice Eomma." They were evil. One is a lunatic and the other one is a dumbass.

I tried to fake a smile. I don't want her to worry.

"That's so nice to hear. At least I am sure that my Seokjinnie is being treated right." Eomma, I'm sorry I need to lie just to make you happy.

"Let's eat eomma." I said while giving her a bite of bulgogi

======

I woke up early today as my eomma asked me get a paycheck from one of her customers. I hesitate at first because that customer is always late and I don't want to be late in the office. But being lucky is not on my side today as her customer is late once again. Before I knew it, I know that I won't be able to make it to the office on time.

I am catching my breath when I reached the 30th Floor. I really think I can win a marathon now. It's already 8:20am and I'm 20 minutes late. I'm running late two days in a row. I immediately push the red button and barged in after the click. But before I reached the end of the hallway, I saw someone sitting on my chair. Jimin on the other hand is sitting on his place looking very stiff.

"Here he comes." Jungkook smirked when I finally enter the office. He is sitting beside Yoongi who looks really uncomfortable.

"Goodmorning Sir. I'm really sorry I...."

"You're late." Taehyung cut me out as he turned the swivel chair to face me. He still carry that same facial expression. His eyes glaring.

I bowed, "I'm really sorry sir. I promise this will be the last."

I bowed down. Taehyung looked at me. His eyes filled with anger.

"You better stick this in your small brain. I don't need ineffective people in my team." Taehyung pushed my forehead with his index finger making me step backwards almost losing my balance.

Jimin stood up to catch me as I almost fell on the floor but Taehyung glared at him and point to the chair. "Sit!"

Jimin moved backwards and sat down looking horrified.

I'm still clinging to the edge of the table. Taehyung moved closer. I wanted to move back but my senses told me not to. I'm scared that I will trigger him more and I will receive a punch instead of the finger push he did seconds ago. I froze. His face is just an inch to mine. He stared at me.

"This will be the last time or else I will throw your ass out that door. Or maybe that window if you keep on being a stupid employee."

He then turned his back from me and dashed back to his office. Funny thing, he did not even ask if I understood. He is very stern, authoritative and just a plain dumbass.

I hear Jungkook laughing, "It's just your second day, poor boy. Expect more of that. I wish you're late again tomorrow." He snickered at me before he went back to his office.

As soon as the door closed, Jimin and Yoongi came running to comfort me. I can't even look at them. I felt ashamed of what happened.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked.

"Of course he's not. Come on, sit down first. Relax." Jimin guide me to my chair. My heart is thumping hard from embarrassment and anger.

"Is that how he treats his employees? He is so rude. That's illegal!" I finally found the courage to talk, I almost choke.

Yoongi sighed, "That's his normal self."

"Nobody treated me like that. Even my mother never lay her hands on me." I said, tears started to form in my eyes out of anger.

"Hyung, please don't cry. There were lots of more horrible things that he did to other employees before. Yours was a milder." Jimin said. I know he just wanted me to feel better. I know he's lying.

I swallowed my anger. I never really lay my knuckles to anyone and by the progress of my stay here, I can confirm the possibility that there are two people who will lose a teeth or two.

I never really hear what Jimin and Yoongi said. I am lost. I'm just late. I've never done anything serious. I did not steal money, I did not hurt anyone. I'm just late. Just late.

"Hyung! Hyung!"

I finally came back to my senses. Jimin has been calling me and I didn't notice.

"Sorry. I'm just ashamed of what happened." I said, still, I can't look at them.

"We're the only one who witnessed what happened and it's no big deal. Big boss had been doing that for so many times I cannot remember how often. So don't fret. We're your friends." Yoongi's words were very reassuring. He made me feel I belong in this team.

"Just be early tomorrow. Nothing to be ashamed for." Jimin smiled.

💜💜💜

I love Yoongi being a nice guy. 🤗